“Good food, old furniture, particular staff”
Review of Le Jardin Thai

Le Jardin Thai
Ranked #232 of 705 Restaurants in Lausanne
Price range: US$20 - US$66
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ms Somthawin Puttasaraphan our Chef and her team, is preparing the cuisine that her grand-mother showed her. For a unforgettable trip through Thailand.
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Nicely located restaurant with nice garden next to the restaurant, the food is good. However the decoration is partly old fashioned or looks dirty (faded colours) and the chairs should be changed.
We ate there at lunch time and the service level was disappointing, we had a French lady serving us, who obviously has no pleasure doing her job, no smile, no good bye, no thank you.

2  Thank Harald C

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Service is good and entries were great (Best soup ever). Then things got sour... Fish (" Cigales") was not fresh and tasting like it. My Entrecote was clearly overpriced and not cooked to my taste. At 40.- the Entrecote, I was expecting more than just a "grilled" piece of meat.

Review collected in partnership with MyTable.com
1  Thank 51Yann
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I come often to Lausanne for work and sometimes eat in this restaurant. It has two parts - European and Thai. I always choose European one, as most of the Thai dishes are spicy and I do not eat spicy food (but my colleagues highly recommended Thai part).

European part of the restaurant: food is great, very tasty, the portions are of good size - not huge, but not small either. Service: very particular. You have to find your way towards the heart of the waiters, especially if you do not speak French. In the beginning I was quite upset by it, but now I learnt to deal with it (and I do not speak French).

Tables are divided into two zones - one zone is for tapas, drinks and snacks, other - for restaurant food with nice table clothes and atmosphere.

Sometimes could be a bit cold, as it is close to the entrance (at least in winter time).

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Good food, authentic Thai menu & flavours - beef massaman curry was very tasty. Rather overpriced but it is located in an hotel environment so not unexpected, food very nice & service decent

Reviewed 2 September 2013

This little gem was located inside of the Alpha Palmiers hotel close to the train station. Finding a few hours on our hands between trains, we set up the steep(almost vertical) main thoroughfare and could not resist the delicious smells emanating from the restaurant. The chefs were genuinely from Thailand and it was a semi-open kitchen where you could see your food being prepared. We chose the Tom Kha Gai and the chicken Pad Thai. It was the second best I have ever had, second only to my ultimate favorite place in Laguna, Ca. The service was excellent and our server spoke fairly good English. It was rather pricey for lunch, but we would go back again in a heartbeat. If you find yourself in Lausanne for a meal do yourself a favor and do not miss this place.

1  Thank Nawlinsgirl1980