“Convenient to Lausanne Train Station!”
Review of Hotel Elite

Hotel Elite
Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in Lausanne
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Great hotel! Very easy to find from the Lausanne train station and very convenient to the metro stop. It was my first time in Switzerland and I do not speak french, but the receptionists were wonderful and didn't seem to mind speaking english with me!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 March 2012

You just scale a set of stairs from the railway station, and there it is on your right, a perfectly located hotel, close to everything you need to do.

Good bed, ok room, courteous reception.

Breakfast was fairly basic, but good.

If you visit the University, consider having them book the hotel, it could be favorable

I will probably use this hotel again

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Per_FNorway
Reviewed 18 February 2012

This hotel is conveniently situated by Lausanne's train station but not so close that you hear the trains at night as it is tucked in a little residential road.

There are plenty of restaurants and shops in the area.

The actual building is a house that has been converted into a hotel making it very charming.

I booked a superior room because there was nothing else available and what I got was this massive room with two single beds. The deco was classical and a lot of effort and detail has gone into it. My room even had a balcony, not that I used it because it was freezing but I can imagine that being very pleasant in the summer.

The bathroom was spacious as well,and well kitted with all sorts of complimentary toiletries.

The staff were friendly but a bit useless, I made it late to my meeting because they gave me the wrong information.

The breakfast selection wasn't particularly big, I found it a bit stingy for the price charged

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank marujilla80
Reviewed 8 February 2012

For a short 2 night stay in beautiful Lausanne, I can't recommend a better hotel which ticks all the usual boxes - clean, friendly, close to everything, stunning location, good food... for me there were no drawbacks - even when i flicked on the tv i found BBC1, BBC2, ITV etc and as I live in Dubai it was a bonus getting these! The staff were very friendly and helpful, which was great because i was on a tight schedule and it was my first trip to Lausanne.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 4th floor, with a balcony, and you can't beat the view...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Jamesraff34
Reviewed 5 January 2012

The hotel couldn't be better located: 5 min. from the main station and still very quiet, parking is available for those who arrive by car. The staff is very friendly, free internet access is available on the hotel computer and the wifi charge has been reduced significantly (I don't understand why it isn't free). The breakfast is good and I love the small breakfast room.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank abjborn
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I was placed into this hotel as an invited guest for EPFL (École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne). As I was placed into a one-bed room, it literally felt like a smaller option for the price that I knew they were charging EPFL to host myself. That being said, I did read that perhaps the l'hotel lausanne in Flon is a better option (http://www.lhotel.ch/uk/index.php). which is a new hotel in the FLON area. I should have suggested this other hotel instead for the assistant to book for myself. Since i was a single traveller, I was shafted to a single bed -- single meaning not double sized bed. I felt like I was sleeping on a guest bed, as I do not think I've ever owned a bed smaller than a Double since I was 8 -- that being said, I had to sleep diagonally so that my feet did not hit the end of the bedboard, which was wood, thus, not very flexible.

Nonetheless, the proximity of Hotel Elite to the rest of the Lausanne Gare, and the Rue due Petite Chene made the hotel a good suggestion to the rest of the area. Another plus was that Hotel Elite did offer a free transportation card upon check-in. therefore, for those who will be travelling around Lausanne via the Metro, it would be convenient, as they would not be required to pay for transportation. On the downside, any hotel guest are required to pay for their use of Wifi and the cost for the wifi is 7 CHF (during December 2011). The breakfast on the other hand was very 'B&B' style, and did come with an average amount of treats -- not a deluxe meal, but adequately offered as a good 'stopover' meal.

Must see: while in Lausanne, for those who are architectural buffs, one must go onto the EPFL campus (take the M2 to EPFL) and go to the Rolex Learning Centre, designed by Architects SANAA. The trip would take one approximately 25minutes from the FLON station. Otherwise, take the M1 from Lausanne Gare, and then switch to M2 to EPFL.

Room Tip: Make sure to mention that you're travelling with two people -- otherwise, you'll be shafted...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank adoptme
Reviewed 12 December 2011

We decided on a weekend away by the lake and found a great deal for this place on the Lausanne tourism website (280.- for two nights, including breakfast - the sign inside the wardrobe said it should have been 355.- a night so we were very pleased!). From the intial enquiry emails to the stay itself the customer service was second to none - every staff member we spoke to was friendly and polite and all went out of their way to be helpful. Yes wifi is expensive, but it was quite nice to have an enforced email break! You can get 30 minutes for free, either using the computer behind reception (for free) or on your own laptop. We were in room 42 on the 4th floor, which had a balcony with a lovely view over the lake. The room was spacious and had a decent bathroom - the bath itself was pretty small, but the shower was good. The hotel is ideally situated, with free car parking right outside and the train station a 2 minute walk down some steps. Decor and bedding in the room was a little dated, but everything was clean and general upkeep was good. The lift is absolutely tiny - two of us just about fit with our suitcases so probably best to take the stairs with a family or large group! Breakfast was simple but plentiful and good quality - don't be put off by a limited buffet, once you sit down they bring you a tray of croissants, breads, jam etc along with hot drinks.

Room Tip: 4th floor for best view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple