We booked our 2-night stay at Nash Carlton Lausanne with very little anticipation and still managed to get a great deal back in December. The hotel had its days of glory but is now screaming for proper maintenance.
- The hotel is perfectly located near the Ouchy neighbourhood, right next to Delices metro station. This is 2 stops away from the lake and 2 stops away from the train station. At the same time it is located on an avenue next to the bus stop number 25. It is worth noting that, same as other hotels in Lausanne, they will provide you with a free public transport pass for the length of your stay.
- Rooms are fair sized and gracefully decorated, but they need an urgent refurbishment (see below). The bathroom seemed to have been renovated recently.
- Staff were friendly and ready to fulfill our requirements, such as printing our boarding passes. However they were not always available to help carry our luggage and stroller down the stairs (see the not so good below).
- As mentioned above, there are several steps to access the hotel's entrance and this can be a pain if you carry heavy luggage or a stroller in our case. We did not see any wheelchair access at all.
- The room had a weird sewage-like smell upon our arrival. This was duly communicated to the reception but not much was done except spraying some air freshener. This situation persisted during our stay.
- The charges for Internet usage were ridiculous, even for an expensive country like Switzerland.
- The rooms are screaming for a general refurbishment. Carpets are worn, chairs are stained, there are scratches in the doors and furniture, and even the elevators look old. The 'double bed' that we requested is made up by two mattresses joined together, as it can be seen in the pics attached to this review.
In summary: the Nash-Carlton provides an interesting alternative to the hotels located over the lake in the Ouchy neighbourhood (Movenpick, Au Lac, du Port), at a competitive price. The location of the hotel is its main high point, but issues like the expensive Internet access and the run-down rooms may deter some travelers from staying here. As for myself, I will consider Nash Carlton as an alternative next time I'm in Lausanne, but I will factor in my decision all the negative aspects commented in this review.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Carlton Lausanne Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nash Carlton Hotel Lausanne
- Nash Carlton Lausanne
- Hotel Nash Carlton