Carlton Lausanne Boutique Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Novotel Lausanne Bussigny(Bussigny-pres-Lausanne)
US$131
US$124
Novotel
ibis Lausanne Centre(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
US$131
Lausanne Palace(Lausanne)
US$456
US$361
  • Pool
Hotel du Marche(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$99
Agora Swiss Night by Fassbind(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
US$175
Travelocity
US$543
US$488
  • Pool
All reviewsmetro stationnice balconya free public transport passan ironnice hotelconvenient locationthe hotel stafflausanne gareenjoyed my stayrooms are smallcommon areasfree travel cardexcellent locationby footmini barstayed nightsjunior suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Hi all,

My girlfriend and I stayed at the hotel one night for a romantic gateway.
I asked for a romantic room and they got me a suite for the same price. Staff very very friendly. The get you free mobilis pass while you stay there.

Great value, I recommend this hotel.

Cheers

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2014

it was a disaster , they forget my reservation the reception was inexistant the girl ..
The computer not working and the fax as well.
After a while we get in the room 302 and it was smeling .. and humidity .
The style was very old fashion and the TV was an old not flat screeen and this is supposed to be a four stars !!!! ???? ...
They pretend a bath just a shower narrow .

Room Tip: Dont go there
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We booked our 2-night stay at Nash Carlton Lausanne with very little anticipation and still managed to get a great deal back in December. The hotel had its days of glory but is now screaming for proper maintenance.

The good:

- The hotel is perfectly located near the Ouchy neighbourhood, right next to Delices metro station. This is 2 stops away from the lake and 2 stops away from the train station. At the same time it is located on an avenue next to the bus stop number 25. It is worth noting that, same as other hotels in Lausanne, they will provide you with a free public transport pass for the length of your stay.

- Rooms are fair sized and gracefully decorated, but they need an urgent refurbishment (see below). The bathroom seemed to have been renovated recently.

- Staff were friendly and ready to fulfill our requirements, such as printing our boarding passes. However they were not always available to help carry our luggage and stroller down the stairs (see the not so good below).

The not-so-good:

- As mentioned above, there are several steps to access the hotel's entrance and this can be a pain if you carry heavy luggage or a stroller in our case. We did not see any wheelchair access at all.

- The room had a weird sewage-like smell upon our arrival. This was duly communicated to the reception but not much was done except spraying some air freshener. This situation persisted during our stay.

- The charges for Internet usage were ridiculous, even for an expensive country like Switzerland.

- The rooms are screaming for a general refurbishment. Carpets are worn, chairs are stained, there are scratches in the doors and furniture, and even the elevators look old. The 'double bed' that we requested is made up by two mattresses joined together, as it can be seen in the pics attached to this review.

In summary: the Nash-Carlton provides an interesting alternative to the hotels located over the lake in the Ouchy neighbourhood (Movenpick, Au Lac, du Port), at a competitive price. The location of the hotel is its main high point, but issues like the expensive Internet access and the run-down rooms may deter some travelers from staying here. As for myself, I will consider Nash Carlton as an alternative next time I'm in Lausanne, but I will factor in my decision all the negative aspects commented in this review.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We travelled to lausanne in the first week of December, when we enter the hotel it's look nice, the receptionnist girl at the reception. No smile and greeting, directing she asked for Passport and credit card. well and so on
The room which was given to us was too small and bath room floor was dirty, immediatly, we informed at the reception, She told us its not my job to clean the room.
next day when we asked about that girl, we were told that her name is "Lisa".
very disappointed.

Room Tip: Never go there.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I absolutely love the room that we had in this hotel. It was a little cramped with the bed taking up most of the room, along with a small desk, but the walls are lined with a carpet-like wallpaper. Its dark colour makes the room feel smaller, but it gives it a nice atmosphere. The bathroom in the room was also great, newly refinished. And the towel hangers are heated, which is an added bonus if you come in from the rain. It's also located a stone's throw away from the metro station.

The disadvantages are that Internet is not free in this hotel and the breakfast is pricey considering how little appealing food there is to eat (I got a 20CHF croissant!). Also, the bed felt like I was sleeping on a box spring with plastic foil on it.. not a pleasant experience.

I love the way the rooms look, so I would considering staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple