All reviewsmetro stationnice balconyrooms are small but cleannice hotelconvenient locationstayed here for two nightslausanne gareenjoyed my staystandard roomexcellent locationby footfree travel cardjunior suiteold towndelicelakeswitzerland
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, this is a perfectly nice hotel with a good location, but that word is overused and just isn't correct. This is a very nice traditional hotel, but not a boutique hotel. Everything seemed to work ok, but the shower was wild and likely to soak you before you got in, and the only lift wasn't worth the effort of waiting.
Other than that, fine.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights. The room was very clean and beautifully decorated. Next to the metro station. Walking distance from ouchy. It is not wheelchair accessible.
But the front desk is very friendly. Negotiated for a balcony room and it was worth it.
Will go back again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Positives, room was nice enough, location is good especially for the lake, IMD etc. and reception were eager to please and be helpful.

The negatives - the bathroom was quite dated and nothing special. On night of arrival at 9.30pm room service was not available (??), as restaurant had closed before it was due for o close (10pm), and breakfast was overpriced and in my opinion fairly poor - limited options, my request for an omelette was declined and the napkin had a black stain on it.

Overall I probably would not return, for me it's not on the same level at the other hotels in Lausanne in this price bracket and I was a little disappointed.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Nicolas L, Directeur général at Carlton Lausanne Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you very much for your feedback and for the compliment regarding our reception's staff. Our bathroom are not big in our classic rooms but our executive and Junior suits are much larger. Unfortunately we are not proving room service as we are 4 stars and not 5 and our kitchen close at 9:30 as most of Lausanne's restaurants .Our breakfast is probably the best value for monney breakfast in four stars hotel in Lausanne. We would be more than happy to welcoming you again and provide a better service and rooms.

Kind regards,

Nicolas

Reviewed 1 September 2017

We organized a 2-days seminar and all ran at perfection. The seminar rooms are fully equipped and we could even get a larger room the second day. The hotel was renovated recently and the beds are TOP quality! Even if there are parking spaces almost all of us came by public transportation as the metro station is right next to the hotel. Thanks to nice weather we could also have our lunch on the lovely terrace - and the cook is fantastic! Being in the heart of Lausanne (7min walking from main station and 7min down to the lake), this charming Boutique Hotel is a great quality/price ratio.
The staff helped us on the logistic for our event and everyone was so nice, from the welcome until the good bye... for us certainly a "see you next time". Thank you !

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Despite the fact that I had made a reservation months in advance, while I was traveling in other parts of Europe I got an email notification from the Carton that they had no room. To their credit, they did book me at the Hotel Mirabeau at Lausanne, I have no information on the Carlton itself, but it was disconcerting to have made a reservation through Trip Advisor and then find it was not directly honored. I did find the Hotel Mirabeau very good and, in fact, more conveniently located.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple