Hotel Aulac
Hotel du Port(Lausanne)
La Residence(Lausanne)
Hotel le Chalet(Lausanne)
  • Room Service
All reviewsmetro stationusual facilitiesperfect locationolympic museumtourist officelake genevalake viewfourth floorbreakfast stafftv channelsfree travelfree metro passcontinental breakfastlac lemanrooms are cleanlausanne areanice room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2014

From the beginning this experience was so substandard I could not believe I was in Switzerland. the mattress are soft and springy, the rooms small. When I asked for a machine coffee at breakfast I was told very rudely that I would have to put it on my room. The final straw for me was when I got out of the shower on my second day to discover there were no towels. On phoning reception i was told someone would be with me in a minute. They arrived fast but were incredulous about the towels while i stood there wet and freezing, only going to get fresh ones having interrogated me about the lack as if I was lying. At no point did anyone apologise to me in this sequence! This is a hotel that is protected by its location and relative quiet from going out of business. Truly appalling!!!

Room Tip: Don't book one at all
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank geoff8784
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The hotel isn't the most up to date but everything works and everything is spotless. I was there attending a meeting and therefore i can only say for this type of thing the food was hot, on time and fine.
The bedrooms aren't huge but are comfortable, with windows that open and all the usual facilities (tea coffee mini bar etc) The TV had channels in English which weren't only news. Another nice touch was the free wifi and travel passes to get us around town. The bathroom was fresh without odour (and also extra toiletries such as body lotion etc) but it had the basics-liquid soap which doubled as shampoo and a hairdryer.....but it is one of those wall mounted ones, however it was surprisingly efficient.

Room Tip: We had 307 which faced the lake and mountains -spectacular
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We are a family of 4: 2 adults and 2 11 yr old twins.
In hindsight we should have booked 2 rooms.
As it was we had one room with 2 double beds for us and a bunk bed for the girls (which they loved).
We, the adults, hated the room because it was very very tiny and the furniture was tired and shabby. We did not have enough space to put our luggage and unpack - had to step over suitcases on our way to a tiny shower, where they did not provide shampoo.

Compared to spacious rooms we got used to in Zurich and Lucerne this was a big step down.

The lights form the embankment kept bugging us at night - the curtains had to be completely closed to let us sleep.
We arrived late and asked about places to eat at the reception and they told us nothing is open except some pizza place. Later on we learned there were many late opened restaurants in the upper city.
The included breakfast was mediocre and they charged extra for (very bad) coffee and tea - while in itself a small detail, this sealed for us an image of this hotel - trying to squeeze money without
providing value. The only good thing about this hotel is location right on the embankment.
Will not stay again.

Room Tip: The rooms are TINY - make sure you are ok with that and the tired decor before booking.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Ilia T
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is the hotel I normally stay in when in Lausanne and it's a great place. Very helpful staff and a a lovely little restaurant attached. Food is great and the free wifi and travel cards are a great touch. The view over the lake is amazing and as the hotel is only 50 metres from the water it's easy to use as a base for running or cycling around. Fantastic as ever

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jonathan W
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Hotel has the best location just on the Ouchy waterfront, on top of the metro station and the tourist information office. Booked on their website and you get a 5% discount which is great. Upgraded on arrival to a room with a balcony. nice and quiet in the evening and overnight. Brilliant choice of TV channels - the main 5 UK ones and more. Breakfast perfectly adequate. Free wifi was very speedy - possibly the best wifi I have ever had in a hotel.
Rooms good in a standard sort of decoration and facilities and one of the best shower pressure I have had in a hotel as well. So glad I stayed there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo