“excellent Ticinese food”

Cuisines: Italian, Swiss
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I have been to this restaurant many times and every time I have ordered Ticinese food (risotto, polenta) and I have never been disappointed. Big servings and good wine as well. Don't expect an Italian restaurant here. Ticino is not part of Italy, but it's a canton of Switzerland!

1  Thank Marco S

Reviewed 13 October 2012

Fairly average fare and kind of expensive for what you get. We had three pretty good personal-size pizzas, two salads, and soft drinks and the bill came to SFr.100. Service was OK, but not excellent. While we didn't have any complaints, I would not recommend going out of your way.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

We went there because we were tired and it was really close to our hotel. My colleague had a rissotto that he really enjoyed, but my beef steak was really awfull... We also ordered as a starter a typical italian dish, that was really good too. In general, I would say food was ok, wine was worse than average, and price, as always in Switzerland, was expensive for what we got.

1  Thank Roburetto
Reviewed 27 July 2012

The Ticino restaurant is located just opposite the station in Lausanne. Warning precisely because few parking apart from the parking station. Summer terrace, overlooking the road but overloaded with traffic, so to avoid. Rather choose to eat inside.
Wide range of dishes on the map with pasta all the sauces, of course pizza, fish, meat and seasonal specialties of the "Ticino"
fast Service
Pleasant and comfortable, I recommend the chairs!
Ticinese Bread and wine delicious
Value very correct

Areas for improvement:
- Staff and smiling a little more pleasant but overall ok.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

Just opposite the train station, the Ticino serves quality food from the italian part of Switzerland, think Polenta, involtini etc. as well as Italian Food (Pasta, Pizza, Primi, Secondi, etc.). The pizza as well as the crostini are particularly good. They also have great desserts, especially the flan.
At lunch time they have great offers at very competitive prices.
You can also order the Pizza for take-out but no delivery.