Lowest prices for your stay
£93
Fully refundable before Sat, 1 Jun
Jenstockholm
Stockholm, Sweden

Thanks to Dean for being very helpful

Review of Hotel du Marche
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 May 2023
Due to unfortunate circumstances, our reservation in Du Marche was cancelled by booking.com. When we were informed by Dean in the reception that there was hassle with our booking, we were standing there tired and feeling helpless. He patiently explained where the miscommunication occurred, told us he can give a room with private bath (as we wanted it) but only for one night (instead of our plan to stay for 2 nights) as they are fully booked the next day. He gave us booking.com customer service number, lent me his internet so I can find a hotel that is available for 2 nights and was helpful in every way possible seeing how we were really disappointed and exhausted (it was 14:00 and we have not eaten any meal yet, coming from Chamonix).
I give this hotel 5 stars for Dean's customer service. We could have enjoyed out stay in this hotel, if it was not for some unfortunate incident. Thanks, Dean.
Date of stay: May 2023
    £92
    £115
3.1 miles from Hotel du Marche
View more hotels in Lausanne
All reviews private bathroom one way street central location reception internet walkable
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 December 2022 via mobile

Just so-so, for reasons below:

Good: central location, elevator, kitchenette, hairdryer, hot water kettle, easy after-hours self check in, radiator, nice duvet.

Could have been better: kitchenette was in poor condition (eg: peeling edges, used sponge, bent knife). My room's window was on the slanted roof, meaning I could not look out of the window. More hangers would have been appreciated. The shower only had warm -not hot- water. No hand towels in the shared toilet room.

Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2022

Room was clean and comfortable. (We had double bed with private bathroom). Parking available behind hotel. Check in closes at 8:30pm sharp. We had difficulty finding the hotel as it is on a one way street. Good location, walkable to many restaurants.

Date of stay: October 2022
Reviewed 19 September 2022

I originally booked a room for three nights. My experience was so bad that I checked out after one night, knowing that I was lose my money for the remaining nights.

Problems were:
1). The horrible shared bathroom. I knew my room would have a shared bathroom, but I was not expecting the two bathrooms and one shower to be so small and shared with the entire floor of a dozen rooms. a dozen rooms, and it's so small it's nearly impossible to dress & undress in there. There are only two toilets on the hall - one on each end of the hallway. When I took a shower around 9am there were pubic hairs left all over the shower and mirror.
2) the directions from the train station to the hotel on the confirmation email were not only confusing, they were completely incorrect. The receptionist confirmed they were incorrect.
3) my room was facing the street. There is a major construction project going on across the street, which I was not told about. The noise started at 8am and went on nonstop until 4pm.

When I checked out, the receptionist couldn't have cared less about why I was checking out early.

Room tip: Do not stay on the floor with the shared bathrooms, and do not stay in a room facing the street.
Date of stay: September 2022
2  Thank Brian C
Reviewed 12 September 2022

My wife, two daughters and I spent three nights at the Hotel du Marche in August. Our two rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the hotel is well located. By accident, I doubled booked - that is, booked four rooms instead of two, and did not realize the mistake until arriving. The mistake was part mine and part the hotels. The hotel willingly cancelled the extra rooms and refunded my payments for those rooms.

Room tip: Know that some rooms have private baths and some share a bath at the end of the hall.
Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 12 March 2022

By mistake I have taken a room with a shared bathroom. To do? Adapt. They have a shower separate from the toilet, each space super small, that is, I can't imagine a fat person in those tiny spaces.

They allege that because it is a 2-star hotel, on the 4th day they clean your room. I can accept that, but in no way accept that they don't change the towels. The towels get wet and inside the closed room all the time they can't dry fast and well so they smell musty. We requested that our towels be changed for clean ones and we were unsuccessful.

The heating at night was not turned on strong enough to keep the room at a comfortable temperature.
I did not like this hotel at all.

Date of stay: March 2022