“Last surviving station buffet”
Review of Buffet de la Gare - CLOSED

Buffet de la Gare
Cuisines: French, Swiss
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
London
“Last surviving station buffet”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

One of the last surviving station buffets in Switzerland that hasn't been converted into a McD's or a shop. But looking a little worn out now and this visit unfortunately wasn't as good my last three years ago. They were beginning to shutdown as got there at 2145 on a Saturday and the food was fine, but not the greatest. A shame, but I suspect this one is now on its way out.

• Visited May 2013

California
“Serviceable food, open Sunday evening”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

The main reason that I chose this restaurant was that it was open on a Sunday evening. I had a green salad (good), moules + frites (good mussels, mediocre fries), and a glass of not-very-good wine. Service was professional but otherwise perfunctory.

Visited November 2012
Dubai
“Plenty of over choice of restaurant..........”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Well, I must say that I returned under duress, due to a meeting at the premises of the upper Buffet de la Gare and despite a first visit 3 years ago that I was highly disappointed.

The cuisine is mainly brasserie style dishes with homegrown (Tripe, sauerkraut, papet, flamenkuche, e.g. ..) with a more normal schedule card with a flat area for a specified period.
That Day I went, it was "The Normandie" (French Region) at the honor and the "Dent de Lion".

************************************************** ******
Main courses chosen tonight:
- Salad-tooth lion with bacon, croutons and eggs
- Rabbit with cider, potatoes with bacon and salsify Norman
- Beef tartare, toast and butter
- Beef steak café de paris, french fries, vegetables
************************************************** ******

I must admit that the service has improved nicely, the server was dynamic and fast (20min wait between ordering and receiving dishes), plus he has led a tartar more than we have not charged .

Overall correct, or even improving but it is clear that I do not eat a couple!

Areas for improvement:
- The vegetables were just warmed up and we noticed that it was frozen.
- The fries, alas, are not home. I apologize to return to this problem but I still don't accept .......

In conclusion, I do not like the decor and atmosphere but it is subjective.

• Visited August 2011