“Average italian near the lake”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Piazza San Marco

Piazza San Marco
Ranked #118 of 676 Restaurants in Lausanne
Price range: US$20 - US$101
Cuisines: Swiss, European, Italian, French
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dubai
“Average italian near the lake”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Piazza San Marco is an Italian restaurant located in the bottom of the town, not far from the lake and Lausanne Ouchy and easily accessible by public transport , bus no2 or Metro line 2 .
The restaurant has a terrace overlooking the road. It was 4/5 empty when we visited on a Friday evening.

I note that, already been to this restaurant , I would not have chosen it , but being invited and this mainly to please the people who were with me.

The menu is "standard" for an Italian neighborhood namely , salads, antipasti , pasta with sauces, meat and fish, etc ...
Our choices were as follows :

************************************************** ************************************************
Drinks starter : 1 Bitter , 1 Martini, Peach Juice 1 (for me)
Starter: 1 green salad and 1 mixed salad
Main Dishes : 2x Fettucine with foie gras and black truffle and 1x beef fillet Rossini with risotto (my choice)
1 plain water
1 sparkling water
2 dl of Montepulciano (open wine)
3 coffees

My attendants enjoyed their salads. Correct presentation . For the price CHF CHF 6 ​​and 8, I had nothing to say .
The main dish also very satisfied by them, good pieces of foie gras, by contrario the sauce was very rich .
My beef filet rossini lacked tenderness, meat a little too hard for my liking against by the accompanying risotto was good. Vegetables undercooked .

In the end, I left on my hunger, the prices are fair, as total paid CHF 164 (USD 180) . But the biggest problem and flat, and especially that make me jump in this restaurant is the SERVICE with a big S. Upon reception until we left , the service was far from friendly and attentive. Reason why I will never invite anyone in the area.

Areas for improvement:
- Service
- Bread not fresh
- Tight Tables
- Average meat at the end

• Visited October 2013