“REALLY BAD SERVICE”

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
“REALLY BAD SERVICE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

My friend reserved a table for the two of us for 7pm. We arrived at the restaurant 20 minutes earlier and it was half empty, so we asked one of the servers if we could sit at our table. She checked the reservations and said yes. When we had already sat, another server came and bluntly asked if we had a reservation. At first she has addressing me (Korean) in Chinese and was even ruder when I didn’t understand. She went to the counter and came back with the reservation book to re-check if we had a reservation. After seeing that our reservation was at 7pm, she said we had come too early and we didn’t understand if we could stay or not. We tried to talk to her but she turn her back on us. She set the table and practically threw the menus on us, without saying anything. We were almost losing our appetite after this, so we decided to leave. We ended up going to BRASSERIE BAVARIA up in the same street, which was definitely more expensive, but very good in service and food.
I have been to Chez Xu many times, since it’s a good value restaurant in Lausanne. I was aware that the service is quite straightforward and minimal, but it was the first time that I was treated so rudely. After this event, I am willing not to go back and let people know that the service can be close to horrible, which is a pity, because the food is really not bad.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank miknailil

Lausanne, Switzerland
“Best chinese restaurant in Lausanne”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Chez Xu is a staple of mine. I usually go there before going to the cinema next door. It's the most authentic chinese restaurant in Lausanne in my opinion. You can tell by the customer, lots of them being chinese (it was actually recommended to me by a chinese friend). It's cheap, the portions are big and it's very tasty. Don't expect the place to be all swanky and modern or the service to be perfect but it's still my favorite chinese here. I strongly recommend.
PS: they also have quite a few vegetarian/vegan options

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Caroline R
“Wanted to try it out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

delicious food, in a typically Chinese atmosphere, noisy chaotic, and delicious. Good value for money

1 Thank alfio1949
Zurich
“Great food but”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

We waited over 30 minutes for taking-away our food on Friday evening, there is definitely room for improvement there...

1 Thank ToninoTundo
“Excellent Chinese food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

I strongly recommend for quality and price. The service is somewhat erratic, it is small but worth it. Advise making a reservation for more than 2 pers.

• Visited January 2014