“Great Indian food, friendly staff”
Review of Indian Zayeka

Indian Zayeka
Ranked #7 of 880 Restaurants in Lausanne
Price range: £25 - £44
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tuesday to Saturday Lunch Buffet for 25.00 Chf from Tuesday to Friday, 29.00 chf on Saturdays including 9 salads, 3 hot starters , 9 main dishes , 2 desserts dinner a la carte possibilty of banquets upto 90 people possibility of take away food or catering
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Great tasting Indian food, friendly staff, good choices... Ordered food as per their recommendation and it was yummy.. I'm visiting Lausanne for a week and already been to this restaurant twice... I heard lunch buffet is good too. sadly can't come for lunch... may be some other trip :-)

9  Thank gauravmaheshwari

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I go to Zayeka almost weekly as I pass by, but the main reason is not a practical one. This restaurant simply has the best indian dishes among those I've tried in the region of Lausanne. I thought I'd share my positive experience especially after reading an earlier review claiming that positive reviews are "fake". I am a regular customer who appreciates fine food and I honestly feel this restaurant deserves a good rating. You'd have to find out for yourself of course, but Zayeka never let me down. Their nan is deliciously fresh, their sauces are amazing and varied -you decide how spicy you want it with a number from 0 to 5-, and the people there are very friendly. That is all I need for a restaurant, not fancy deco or located in the center of town where you never find a parking spot.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Indian restaurants in Lausanne are few and far between so to finally find one with such good quality food was a genuine pleasure. Real options for spice versus the usual mild taste in Switzerland was nice and to leave a 3 course meal with a bill of just over a hundred bucks was the icing on the cake. Not sure why it's had some negative reviews recently, smells a little suspicious maybe....

1  Thank Jhansfor
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We went to this restaurant two days ago on a Friday evening. We were put in the corner very close to the neighbor table even though more spots were available. After 15/20 minutes we could finally place our order and the drinks were served quickly. Then the waiting began. As we could see everything was very slow, the first 30-45 minutes of waiting were not that strange. However, nobody came to ask us if we wanted another drink, or if all was ok and informing us about the food. No waitress would come close to our table. After 1 hour of waiting we asked the waitress when our food would come as 1 hour was rather long to wait.. She giggled and said "it's aaalmost ready" ... 2 minutes later she ran back to our table to inform us that "in fact, they lost the ticket with our order, so if we could tell them again what we wanted, they would bring it shortly"... We left instantly and will never come back.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

we went to check, since it is rated the top restaurant in Lausanne but it was a bit disappointing the food is ok, but not wow! They serve a buffet with curries, rices, breads, fried dumplings, with good choice of dishes for vegetarians (dall, mixed veggies, saffran rice etc). They also serve fish, beef curry and tandoori prawns ( very dry to my taste) In the buffet, one can find a bit italian touch (Italian dressings, tomato and mossarella salad!?), for me a no,no! After eating there, I went to re-check the reviews and noticed that lots of them are coincidently single reviews, which made me think that they may be fraudulent, not sure....

Date of visit: January 2014