“Antique train runs by volunteer”

Railway Museum Blonay-Chamby
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Thumbs up to all volunteer who keeps the old trains run smoothly. The view is amazing, it is one of a kind experience to take a steam train. I was lucky to catch both steam and electric train. It is a must ride for those who travel from a far like me.

4  Thank Rahara212

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Part of the fun in travelling on this railway is actually getting there; we travelled up from Vevey to Blonay on the very steep tram (reductions for hotel area card passes), climbing up high above Lake Geneva. Although there was a special event the following day, all of the staff we met took the time to chat, provide background information, and generally make us feel welcome...and every train or tram that went up and down was different from the last, with constant rolling stock rotation. On a sunny day this railway makes for a charming day out, and the volunteers deserve praise for their friendly, efficient operation.

4  Thank hopefultraveller21
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Finding myself in Montreux on a very short break with no expectation of rail-based entertainment (which I confess is my idea of a good time) I was ecstatic to discover that this operation was running on the Friday afternoon, and that my Riviera Card enabled me to mke the (spectacular in itself) fiteen-minute journey up the MOB line from Montreux for nothing.

There followed a couple of hours of sunlit joy - with an hour and a quarter of happily poking about the exquisite collection of old metre-gauge trams and rolling stock (including half a dozen steam locos) in the museum sheds. The return trip over the lovely short line from Chamby to Blonay and return (complete with stunning views of Lake Geneva, a real tunnel, a real viaduct, and a lovely scattering of tenderly-cared-for vintage signalling equipment) was in a 100-year-old Berne four-wheeled tramcar.

The whole thing was topped-off by the friendly banter with one of the volunteers who spoke English far superior to my French, and began with "Go anywhere you like, touch anything, climb on everything!"

If you're that way inclined, like me, don't miss it. This centre is an absolute peach.

8  Thank Archy_Viaduct
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Highly efficient and reliable, despite the challenging (yet scenic) trek from Lausanne to my business site in Chamby.

2  Thank Bob L
Reviewed 23 April 2012

if you like old trains, steam engines , admire beautiful nature, a very nice experience for young and old

2  Thank Gufette