“Fondue anyone?” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Vieil Ouchy

Le Vieil Ouchy
Reserve with
Le Vieil Ouchy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 672 Restaurants in Lausanne
Cuisines: French, Swiss, European, Central European
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New Haven, Connecticut
“Fondue anyone?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

We went for the experience of sharing fondue and were not disappointed. Service was fine, attentive certainly. Nice little place, very cozy, prices for area were okay (24 ch I believe per person). Wine selection was decent. One glitch: they had a small, handwritten note saying the credit card machine was down. Did not know this until I got the bill! The waiter pointed me to an ATM across the street. Colleagues with me thought this was a scam, but who knows. Fondue is fun - the quality was decent and I would go again with a group of people.

• Visited January 2014

Alexandria, VA USA
“Wonderful Fondue!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was traveling on business and had one night to dine alone. I have passed this cafe many times but finally decided to give it a try. It was wonderful! I was there a bit early so it wasn't busy. The staff was charming--despite the fact that my French is almost non-existent and their English just a bit better than my French. The fondue was perfect. I felt relaxed--not conspicuous--as a solo diner.

I will definitely go back on my next trip to Lausanne!

• Visited September 2013
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Fondue decevante”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

Went with customer for lunch and frankly the fondue just wasnt up to the charm of the locale.

Was very disappointed and with all the other options in Lausanne, will try the rest before I come back here....better yet, I'll stick to having my fondues up towards Chatel ;-)

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LeDude13
“Rosti Goodness”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

I must be a man of simple tastes. Away from home on business and on my own I am not up to the full fine dining experience and look for something simple and satisfying. I found it here. The simple salad was fresh and crispy with a good piquant dressing. The rosti the way it never is when I cook it - crispy on the top and edges and soft an unctuous in the middle. The sausage meaty and tasty. The beer ice cold and flavoursome. The espresso excellent. The service was friendly and efficient and the overall atmosphere warm and wafting with gruyèreness. Yes, it was a bit expensive but what do you expect in Switzerland. I would certainly go back for more ... now what am I doing tomorrow.

2 Thank Chiddiprof
Chernex
“very Swiss”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

traditional swiss food, I go quite often to this place, especially when it's cold outside, I like the ambiance

Visited December 2011