“Spoilt”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 January 2019 via mobile

The risotto’s are out of this world. Pasta was fantastic. Carpaccio was top. Place was packed but service was good, fast and funny. Wine was excellent ( Swiss red). A more than decent lunch again.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed 6 January 2019

I have been invited by chance by young adults, who by another chance phoned to book for the same evening a table of 6, when 6 people just cancelled their reservation...

1. I could not believe we got the reservation under such short notice!....

2. Well we could enjoy a one meal dinner 6 persons @ 275 CHF, gastronomic food, excellent wine, served twice this only first meal, unbelievable !!..

3. Quality of staff and sense of humour of the owners when I commented the "reputation way beyond" when leaving, wishing me a "loyalty way beyond" in return l!!!...

News like these 3 ones, are truly way beyond what the reputation says ("you cannot book easily", "gastronomy is expensive", " Swiss humour is poor")
;-)

Denis 60 + y.o.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed 8 November 2018

Judging from all the other rave reviews of this place I have been trying to get a reservation at this eatery since 2 years to no avail, as I travel to Lausanne each year on business for a couple days at a time. On my most recent trip... success!! So I guess I had high expectations. Unfortunately I was greatly underwhelmed and ler down my experience. Service was on the curt, snobby side and unbelievably slow. Then when the food finally came I was expecting to be WOWed but was not. The food wasn;t bad, just not up to the standard that I had envisioned. I think the word I am looking for is pedestrian. Started with the foie gras, which was good but nothing to write home about, I've had better. Then I had the pasta which was a comlpete and utter let down. When you get a dish at a reputable restaurant and after the first bite say hands down you could make it better at home, that's saying something!! Both the papardelle and ravioli pasta was made waaaaaaaaay too thick, so it was not delicate and silky like it should be, but rather thick and doughy. Had a bite of the venison, and it was so slathered in an over salty sauce that you couldn't taste the venison, which should have been the hero of the dish. Lastly they do this strange thing where they split your dish into 2 servings, and each serving are like a full size portion so by the end it's way too much food that doesn't even taste all that great. Last but not least my colleague had a bad stomach all the next day.... nothing else it could have been but the dinner the night before :(

4  Thank 162charissac
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Nice ambiance. Great food in Swiss style. Interesting wines. Not cheap but ok value for Switzerland. Excellently cooked beef, venison and veal.

1  Thank markbU9769HR
Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

I have been visiting this restaurant for at least 25 years and they still manage to make it a very pleasant surprise. We had a Monday lunch table for 3. Two of us had the menu of the day and one the safran pappardelle with shrimps. It was delicious. As always the place was full. I found the price very acceptable and the waiters were relaxed even joking.
This restaurant has been under same management forever, they still maintain their standards and focus.
Just one advice, don’t go without a reservation. The main dining room and the cafe benefit from the same kitchen so no issues with the food on either side.
If you haven’t tried it yet, you definitely should.