“Good food near the hostel”

Restaurant Le Milan
Ranked #17 of 741 Restaurants in Lausanne
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was not too keen to go to far to have dinner, so I went out to Le Milan which is very near to Lausanne Guesthouse. Surprisingly, the food is excellent and the tiramisu dessert is very tasty. Leaving the restaurant very satisfied.

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I use to go to le Milan when I have no ideas for the dinner and I wold like to have something fast and good! Here is always a win! The blache beer is good as well! My favorite is "napoletana"

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Don't stop your judgement at the decoration and the atmosphere. In this typical pizzeria place you can eat different kind of food and not only pizza. The staff is efficient and they have a Barolo 2007 for 60 CHF, which not so expensive in our country. It can be a real sunday night alternative when a lot of restaurant are close in Lausanne.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Le Milan felt a bit 'trendy' when we arrived, but the relaxed ambience (I wouldn't use the term 'cosy' which I notice in several previous reviews), good service from young and cheerful staff, and good food soon made it clear that it was not a fashionable eating spot for nothing. The room is large and airy, the restaurant very busy and full, and we enjoyed our meal.
We shared an antipasto maison between 3, I had ravioli au foie gras and my companions had jambon a l'os and ravioli epinards. All excellent. At 129 Euros good value for 3, with a bottle of pinot sierra

Reviewed 24 November 2013

This is a really lovely restaurant - quaint, friendly service and good food at very reasonable prices for Switzerland. It's also just a few steps from the train station so perfect for a "last supper" before you see someone off!