“Excellent food and service”

La Brasserie du Royal
Reserve a table
Ranked #12 of 874 Restaurants in Lausanne
Description: The brasserie restaurant in the Royal Savoy Hotel & Spa Lausanne offers delicious local specialities prepared with regional ingredients and local producers. The contemporary designed restaurant offers guests a gourmet experience with personalised dining options. Enjoy traditional dishes with a modern touch and a few local favourites. Discover and enjoy distinctive and creative Brasserie food.
Reviewed 20 April 2019

I had the opportunity to have breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Brasserie du Royal. The breakfast buffet menu is extensive, and of good quality. The spring menu for lunch and dinner had some great dishes, including Candied Pollack and Seafood Rosotto. The service was consistently attentive and prompt. The prices are on the higher side. On the whole I would definitely recommend the restaurant.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed 31 March 2019

Usually I dine on a different level but mix it with an occasional haute cuisine experience. Enjoyed a 3 course menu with some accompanying wines. Everything in this place is done to perfection with an eye for details and the same goes for the hosts. Usually I share some one or more images of the restaurant but there were too many guests on view to do that. Service went quite fast considering the high level of the food. As you can expect it was quite the experience with impressively combined textures and flavours. The slowly cooked chicken was probably the most tender piece of meat I've ever had. Very impressed! After a 3 course meal (for 2) the bill is close to 300 which keeps me from doing this more often.

1  Thank B387
Alain K, Directeur général at La Brasserie du Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2019

Dear B387,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your visit at the Brasserie du Royal.

I am delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable experience and I very much look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed 17 March 2019 via mobile

We took our family to dinner on a Sunday night. It was a terrific dining experience. The wait staff were very kind and had no problem catering to us speaking English without hesitation. All of our meals were delicious and plated with an artistic eye. Quite a wonderful experience.

Dear garykL2086KS,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us at the Brasserie du Royal.

I am delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable family time and rest assured I will share your kind note with the entire team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Reviewed 6 March 2019

This was a special first visit to celebrate a graduation, and the restaurant were informed of that prior.

After ordering and waiting 30 minutes, we were told that there was no pigeon – disappointing and unprofessional that they had run out. They were apologetic and kindly offered a fish tartare entrée.

Without the pigeon, the menu however (non-fish choice) was more limited and rather uninspiring, such that I unenthusiastically chose an Entrecôte at CHF 66- which was so mediocre (watery; overcooked; unseasoned; chewy) that I regretted it.

It was then over an hour from seating to the entrée arriving, and overall the delivery of the meal was rather slow (over three hours for 2 courses and coffee…).

The service itself was impeccable and the dining rooms are gorgeous. They honoured my table request.

The brasserie had phoned me before to offer a “Congratulations” decoration on a plate at the end of the meal (I thought it was an attentive gesture), but they even forgot that!

We spent almost CHF 500- for three people (no dessert). We will not consider doing that again.

Date of visit: March 2019
Alain K, Directeur général at La Brasserie du Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2019

Dear cranny,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am very sorry to read that your experience did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is valuable in ensuring we provide memorable stay to our guests and I have already informed our Brasserie Manager of your comments.

I would like to address your points as a way of explaining rather than excusing the issues you encountered. Our Chefs elaborate our menus predominantly with seasonal products and therefore it does sometimes happen that we are unable to prepare some dishes when the items are not available. For example the pigeons are not farmed and quantities depend on how many have been caught. We will remind our Brasserie staff to alert customers before they order and thus avoid any disappointment.

After checking with our Brasserie Manager it appears that your table was visited a few times during the evening but unfortunately no feedback on the meat Entrecôte was given to our team. It is very helpful for us to have feedback even during the meal and we would have happily replaced your Entrecôte with a different cut.

Regarding the congratulations decoration, our Brasserie Manager assures me the team placed it on the mignardises since no desserts were ordered.

In relation to the length of service, how one perceives time is often subjective. We strive to make all our guests feel welcome and part of this is giving them time to savour the experience of dining with friends or family. However, we are delighted to know that you enjoyed the service and the decoration of our Brasserie.

Reviewed 15 January 2019

After a lovely train ride from Genève and a visit to the Cathedral we headed over to the Savoy for Lunch. We had made a reservation a few days prior jut to be sure we got into La Brasserie and are we ever glad we did. The Hotel itself is very tastefully decorated and the restaurant follows that perfectly, the staff are amazing from the minute you arrive, they are very attentive and very pleasant so you can tell they enjoy what they do. The menu is very extensive so you are almost guaranteed a lovely meal regardless of your dietary restrictions, in fact our daughter, who has become a vegetarian, had no problem ordering all 3 courses. The bread they serve is divine, I'm sure I put on a pound or two even before my starter arrived. All the food we had was perfectly prepared and presented, we started with a perfectly chilled bottle of Bollinger Champagne followed by a lovely Swiss Pinot Noir and both were served in proper stemware which to me shows someone who cares about their clientele. The catch of the day was excellent and the deserts were spectacular to say the least. After lunch we retired to the lounge area and finished off the lunch with teas and coffee. I would like to stay at the Hotel in the future so I can enjoy an evening meal too.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank BreezeRidge3
Alain K, Directeur général at La Brasserie du Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2019

Dear BreezeRidge3,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your visit to the Brasserie du Royal.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed most aspects of your lunch. Your feedback is valuable in ensuring that we provide a memorable stay for each of our guests.

I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team who will be delighted to hear your comments regarding your overall experience and I do look forward to welcome you back for an overnight stay next time!