“Not worth the wait”

Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Montreux
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Waited for ages to be seated. Would not have bothered if I had known how poor the food. risotto was very poor

1  Thank ADORIS

Reviewed 5 April 2013

A lovely find in Montreux, delightful place to enjoy an afternoon drink with the most delicious cake I've ever tasted (wish I'd dared to ask for the recipe!). Very clean, excellent service from professional friendly waiter, I think I would come every day if I lived here...

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Warm friendly service. Delicious, fresh breads, pastries. Homemade chocolates available. Buy your bread here or stop and have a hot coffee and a tarte au citron. Did I mention the food here is delicious and fresh? :)

1  Thank XDST82
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Zurcher is a local institution that has been around since 1876. You know they are doing something right to be around for this long. This is a great place to come to relax and unwind.

Whenever I am in Montreux I try to make a point to drop by Zurcher for a cup of cappuccino or hot chocolate. Bar none this place has the best hot chocolate. And if I am hungry without hesitation I would get one of their delicious sandwiches or pastries. You need to order from the counter for the sandwiches/pastries and prepay for it. You then go find a table and sit with your food. The waiter will be by to get your drink order.

During lunchtime they serve set lunches and if you like what they have on the menu I would recommend that you have lunch there. Their food is always done well. Lunch is table service. The cafe is open Tuesdays - Sundays (closed on Mondays). In the summer months the windows at the front of the cafe is opened up and you can sit outside. Note: usually smokers will sit outside so if you want to avoid cigarette smoke be sure to not sit there.

2  Thank Missynat1125
Reviewed 6 November 2012

A great place to have a tea or a coffee with a small snack or a dessert. The food is always fresh and delicious. I am always impressed.
I recommend this place to friends, couples and families who wish to relax and enjoy succulent food and beverages.

1  Thank FBuemi