Villa Toscane
Golf-Hotel Rene Capt(Montreux)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$183
US$233
US$198
  • Restaurant
Eurotel Riviera Montreux(Montreux)(Great Value!)
US$336
US$211
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Tralala Hotel Montreux(Montreux)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$165
Hotel Victoria(Montreux)
US$288
US$279
Hotel & Spa Bristol(Territet)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$144
  • Breakfast included
Hotel-Restaurant de la Rouvenaz(Montreux)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$114
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslarge family roomsister hotelsmall bathroomreception stafflake genevabreakfast room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

++ The room was very spacious and nicely decorated. Felt like a homey place. Bed was large and super comfy. Price was quite competitive. Hotel attached as an annex to Royal hotel which is a 5*. Beautiful bar with amazing view on the Lake. Food and drinks at the bar were good.

-- No reception at this hotel, only rooms, so a bit of a hassle to have to cross the street. Very noisy room with old windows (heavy traffic on the high street side:( and noisy neighbours (entire families). Bathroom was really not up to the standards and seems to have not been maintained since it was built in the 70's.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Stelaa
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Bad location,lift service not provided on every floor,very small rooms,very noisy,check in,breakfast,all othet service is in the other hotel,not very clean,hardly 1 plug point in the room,not a single person to guide in this hotel,no view from the hotel,very gloomy,feels not like a hotel but a haunted house,highly unrecommended hotel,the worst i could get

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank 251,984
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I picked this hotel for its price so didn't expect too much. Wasn't disappointed but wasn't wowed either. Room (2nd floor facing main road) was big and offered a little lake view. The 'twin' room was actually just one bed with two side by side mattresses, so I'm not sure it would qualify for 'twin bed'. The hotel itself is dated but was ok for one night.

Staff (at Royal Plaza hotel) could be more helpful though. Even though I was waiting at the front desk for a few minutes, they (both of them) still chose to pick up the phone rather than answer my queries.

Didn't try the swimming pool or the spa as the weather was great when we were there so didn't want to spend too much time indoors.

Location-wise, it's two bus stops (201) from the train station and 3 stops from the pier. Also wanted to point out that the staff wrongly advised me that I would still need to pay for the ferry (to Chateau de Chillon) using the Swiss Pass - it's free, even to Lausanne.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LLNemo
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The Villa itself was poorly maintained (chipped pain everywhere) and as I suffer from chest complaints I was aghast that the heating was poor, with a draft from the windows. I eventually developed pneumonia, due to my delicate health. The cleaners expect you to clean for them otherwise they complain. The staff were all very young - too young to have any authority. Most were of Eastern European origin and therefore surly, unprofessional and easily influenced to the detriment of the guest. The receptionists were also scruffy and worked as bar staff, if you wanted a drink. This gave the impression that you were an inconvenience. Knowing I was handicapped the cleaners complained again simply saying "We don't want you here,. This is not a hospital". I would certainly recommend tourists avoid Switzerland as I have received similar treatment elsewhere in the region.

Room Tip: I suggest you don't. I requested a large room as I had 4-5 cases with me, as I was working on a court case, and I am certain they found the smallest room in the Villa so I was perpetually falling over cases.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Tracey D
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Villa Toscane for me is a very good hotel with a homy ambience. The place is quiet but you must select a room that is at the back and up of the hotel since the room near the road is somehow noisy because of the traffic. The disadvantage of this hotel is you have to cross to the other side of the road where royal plaza is located to have your meal, WiFi and other aminities.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business