“Truly a pleasure to stay here”

Fairmont Le Montreux Palace
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Montreux
GreenLeadersGold level
Hamilton, Canada
“Truly a pleasure to stay here”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely historical hotel with fantastic views of the lake, great helpful staff, attention to detail in amenities such as heated towel rack, large safe, free bottled water, nespresso machine, pretty comfortable beds and bedding, bath robes, heated bathroom floors, lots of space, fresh fruit everyday... Etc. It is expensive to eat here, by North American stAndards but when you compare it to the prices in the area it is pretty comparable. Our stay at this hotel was very enjoyable and it lived up to my expectations of a fairmont or higher end hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Gisele S, Responsable relations publiques at Fairmont Le Montreux Palace, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Cashmra,

Thank you very much for your nice comment. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Swiss Riviera.

I sincerely hope to welcoming you again at Fairmont Le Montreux Palace.
Gisèle Sommer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This is an exceptional hotel set right on Lake Geneva the general facilities are of a high standard, rooms are spacious, the staff very friendly and the restaurants offer very good albeit expensive food it's a great place for a short family vacation or a business destination The spa facilities are of an exacting standard and the outdoor pool is set adjacent to the lake in a plush garden setting Montreux itself is a gem of a town on Lake Geneva and undoubtedly the most interesting place to base yourself if you're travelling to this part of Switzerland

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Gisele S, Responsable relations publiques at Fairmont Le Montreux Palace, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for having written such a nice comment following your recent stay at Fairmont Le Montreux Palace. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed Montreux and the Swiss Riviera.

Evergreen
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had never been to Switzerland and had no plans. The entire staff made our stay memorable. I left not only disappointed that vacation was over, but wishing I could live there. The balcony had a breathtaking view of the lake. I wish we would have had time to relax at the Fairmont's adjacent facility on the lake.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Tim M
Gisele S, Responsable relations publiques at Fairmont Le Montreux Palace, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Tim M,

Many thanks for your nice comment. I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay at Fairmont Le Montreux Palace and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in Montreux soon.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I know and love Fairmont hotels in general and I adore and visit Switzerland frequently, for either work or fun. The idea of combining both was perfect.

I am not a rich traveler but I love comfort. I did a huge amount of backpacking in my youth and now I aim for loftier and smoother accommodations, still on a reasonable budget. That is why I love Fairmont hotels. Once you are part of their President's Club (free inscription) you get lots of special offers and perks. It allowed me to escape a heatwave in my own city for a week in a regal 4 room suite for the price of a normal room, amongst other great occasions.

I had to travel to Switzerland for various reasons and fortunately, Le Palace in Montreux, a luxurious place I always wanted to stay in, was part of the moment's offers. I reserved for a 3 nights stay and got an amazing suite, overlooking Lake Leman, for the price of a room. It had a lovely balcony where any breakfast becomes an experience.

I was greeted like royalty. The concierge, a lovely and extremely competent young woman insisted on guiding me through the amenities of the room and refused the tip I handed her, telling me it was her pleasure to make my stay as confortable as possible.

During the whole stay, dozens of attentions and smiles made me realize that over the usual Fairmont service, there was a typically swiss attention to details that created the experience. Of course the location is breathtaking and the rooms are extremely comfortable but there is a certain general attitude that is a lot more than professionals at work.

The Sunday brunch in itself is an affair to remember. I invited a local friend who had never attended and was floored by the offerings. In a huge ballroom, decorated with the lavishness of another era, dozen of kiosks offered all types of food imaginable, in both quality and quantity. From artfully prepared venison to home made gelato, it was an incredible experience that I will cherish for a long time.

As a footnote: I had forgotten a little notebook in my room. They sent it back to me, with a letter from the concierge, written in longhand, telling me it had been a pleasure to be my host. With it, she had included another notebook, a real Moleskine, telling me that as I liked to write so much, it would certainly be useful...

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the lake.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Marc,

I would like to thank you so very much for your wonderful comment you have taken the time to publish. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your kind words with all my colleagues.

I sincerely hope to welcoming you soon again in Montreux.
Warm regards
Minneapolis, Minnesota, Usa
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My wife and I love our stay at the Fairmont Le Montreux. The location is stunning. The hotel old world beautiful. The rooms were updated. The view in is priceless. The staff was always courteous and helpful. We feel very fortunate to have been able to spend several days at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear JandJMSP,

Thank you for having taken the time to write such a nice comment ! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your comment with my colleagues.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back at Fairmont Le Montreux Palace.
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Fully recommend staying in this hotel, absolutely wonderful spa, great location, near to the train station, very easily to find, very kind and helpful staff. Very different rooms, the best have a lake view.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This property is full of history and charm, the food and hospitality was amazing! Staff personable and wanted to get to know you. The view from the hotel/gardens is breathtaking and although a quiet little town Montreux is in a class of its own. Will certainly return!
Worth every penny!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mrs. Paterson,

Thankk you so much for your wonderful comment. It is always gratifying to know that we have been able to please our guests and we all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Montreux.
Yours sincerely,