“Very quiet”

Fairmont Le Montreux Palace
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Montreux
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed for 3 nights immediately prior to the jazz festival in Montreux. The whole town was very quiet, the calm before the storm, apart from the workmen preparing the hospitality tents, etc for the big event. The hotel is in a great position, the staff were extremely helpful & polite, and our room which overlooked the lake was very comfortable. We ate an excellent but VERY expensive breakfast there because it was too far to an alternative. Congratulations to Fairmont for FREE & effective wifi everywhere.

Room Tip: Lake view is worth every penny.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Gisele S, Responsable relations publiques at Fairmont Le Montreux Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Alan M.,

Thank you for having taken the time to write such a nice comment following your recent stay at Fairmont Le Montreux Palace.

We are striving for excellence in all areas of the hotel and are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass on your gratitude to all our staff members.

It is always gratifying to know that we have been able to please our guests and we all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Montreux.

Best regards

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We spent a night as part of a groupon package with hotel-room, access to spa and dinner. We had a big room (from my standards at least!) with direct view of the lake. As we were on the first floor there was no balcony and noise from the floor below so I would ask for a room on the higher floors (at least 2nd). We went to the hotel-spa and spent a few hours in one of the best of the kind we have been to. The hotel restaurant where we had a set menu was recently decorated in a New York style. On reflection we should have asked for the menu-card since the 3 course menu was not very exciting. The hotel is located right next to the lake-shore so going for a long stroll looking at the scenary is very pleasant.

Room Tip: At least 2nd floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Gisele S, Responsable relations publiques at Fairmont Le Montreux Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

I sincerely want to thank you for your review and I will pass your compliments to our staff.
I am very pleased that you had a good stay with us and we all hope to see you soon again at Fairmont Le Montreux Palace.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Very beautiful and very expensive historic hotel on the shores of Lake Geneva. Super location which is only a 2 minute from the train station. The views are amazing (rooms with lake view) and is the ideal place to start a walk along the waterfront. The room was great, beautiful design in white but was very small, although it was written that it was 28 meters, I wouldn't say that, even with the bathroom included, I would guess 20 at a push. We really enjoyed the breakfast which had a fantastic selection of meats and cheeses and the usual very high standard buffet. The Hall was equally impressive and the staff were impeccable we also loved the restaurant within the building. We had a babysitter for 5 hours and were charged 240 Francs for 5 Hours (£210) which is by far the most expensive service we have ever encountered from a Hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Gisele S, Responsable relations publiques at Fairmont Le Montreux Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your feedback and your kind words. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Fairmont Le Montreux Palace and hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Wow...This hotel has it all, beautiful large well appointed rooms, within a building of quite stunning architecture on the shores of Lake Geneva with incredible views as far as the eye can see. When you tire of the view then the gym and the spa are as good as I have ever seen in a hotel.
All you have to do is cross the road for a stroll along the lake front, sit and watch the world go by before returning to the cocoon of luxury that is the hotel. Quite superb

Room Tip: Get a lake facing room as high up as you can - the view is worth it every time you look out of the w...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Swiss Riviera and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Le Montreux Palace.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

What a wonderful hotel! The setting is fantastic, the service was great, spa was impressive and relaxing. The hotel surrounds and views are just stunning. We stayed on a sunny weekend and had the pleasure of sitting outside by the lake. Thoroughly enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Gisele S, Responsable relations publiques at Fairmont Le Montreux Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind words, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in Fairmont Le Montreux Palace.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Very nice experience in this hotel close to perfection. The rooms are stylish and clean and the food is excellent.The staff is very pleasant and helpful. I forgot an item in my room at departure, and it was mailed to me within 24 hours.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Gisele S, Responsable relations publiques at Fairmont Le Montreux Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Wishing you all the best

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I'd give this place a 3.5/5 if I could. The hotel is very nice and I imagine that its no easy feat for them to stay modern and relevant since the hotel has been running since 1906. The hotel grounds and its surrounds are very beautiful. The room design and decoration however was a bit strange and gloomy for me and this is the main reason why I don't rate the hotel higher. The bed was two single beds joined together with two separate blankets, which I also found a bit strange. I got the cheapest room I think, which I still found to be very expensive. You can't really see anything out the window but that's because I got the cheap room. Service in general is not bad. Breakfast was okay I guess, but its just a buffet laid out with a limited spread.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 555_Travel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montreux
Grand Hotel Suisse Majestic
#1 of 46 in Lausanne
Hotel Victoria
Hotel Victoria
#4 of 17 in Montreux

Been to Fairmont Le Montreux Palace? Share your experiences!