Hotel Victoria
US$276
US$262
US$400
  • Pool
Golf-Hotel Rene Capt(Montreux)(Great Value!)
US$172
Agoda.com
US$286
US$179
  • Pool
Eurotel Riviera Montreux(Montreux)(Great Value!)
US$317
US$186
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
Tralala Hotel Montreux(Montreux)(Great Value!)
US$140
Hotel Splendid(Montreux)(Great Value!)
US$180
  • Restaurant
Hotel & Spa Bristol(Territet)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$153
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hotel-Restaurant de la Rouvenaz(Montreux)(Great Value!)
US$150
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbox of chocolatessweet trolleycow bellslake genevameeting roomold fashioned stylelittle touchesits charmup to datetraditional hotellocal winelac lemanoverlooking the lakepublic roomsbreakfast and dinnerold worldmagnificent view
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I arrived at this hotel after a 20-hour travel. The 5-minute walk from the train station to the hotel almost did me in. Check in was quick and I was shown my room which was not in the main part of the hotel. I had a problem with the hotel room lock, it was the kind that you need a key to lock or unlock it. And since it was very old, it was very, very difficult to lock. I complained to housekeeping my problem, showed the hotel handyman my problem and he tried to lock it and he could.

I tried the lock again and it wouldnt budge, I had to go again to front desk and ask for another room, and they said there was no room available, the hotel was fully booked. As a last resort, I asked for a machine oil so that I can oil the lock. After 10 frustrating minutes the clerk finally understood me and told the handyman what I wanted done. And voila after a few drops of oil, I can manipulate the lock. Can you beat that?

And yes, the waitress and waiters were rather serious and unsmiling but very efficient.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2014

A uniquely bad service in the Relais et Chateaux network and a uniquely bad service in Switzerland, where usually even in modest establishments service is at high standards. Enough to turn a magnificent, historical and charming hotel into a nightmare. The worst part is the restaurant: when I asked for a rare (saignant) lamb, the mâitre said "of course", then it came overcooked and dry and I asked to provide a new one... her response was "well, this is the way we do it, we can give you a "lesser cooked small piece" ("un morceaux moins cuit") instead, if you really wish" (!). No bread was available throughout the dinner with relevant food, since "unfortunately they are still cooking it". An usual summer rain was enough to make the roof of the magnificent terrace overlooking the lake break down and parties at 11 table were affected by a sudden shower, covered themselves in the linen of the restaurant and were reaccomodated in the internal lounge: it could be just an unfortunate event, but what actually surprised is the fact that not even a word of apology came from staff, and instead we had to listen to the maitre saying "aren't you happy we immediately found a new table for you?". But service problems also affect the hotel: internet did not work in the room and we heard this response at the front desk: "unfortunately you cannot use internet in the rooms due the thick walls (!), but there is an area close to reception where it works better". Can you imagine to listen at this in a Relais et Chateaux? Now I know it is possible, and this undermines the very credibility of this chain, where so far I had occasionaly experienced specific insatisfaction or excessive prices, but never such a poor service. To be fair, I should mention that the person at the front desk offered to us a box of Swiss chocolates upon check-out, finally along with a word of apology. Too little, too late.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rob303631
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Our initial impression of this grand Victorian style hotel was one of superb decor and style.
we were there as a lunch stop on a classic motoring tour of Switzerland, so regrettably, we were unable to assess the living comforts that the hotel had to offer. A truly superb lunch was served by the most unhappy looking staff that I have ever seen, which totally ruined what may otherwise have been a memorable visit. From the maitre d' down, we were met with the most unwelcoming glum faces and their response to requests and questions, bordered on rudeness.
In summary, our group were of the opinion that excellent food was not a good enough reason to re-visit this rather unpleasant establishment.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank johnsangster
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We were disappointed in Hotel Victoria. The public rooms had a stagnant smell of cigarettes and looked tired, in dire need of some updating. Our room, which had a wonderful view of Lake Geneva, also looked worn. This was definitely not up to the Relais & Chateaux standards that we experienced at other properties.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BandJ R
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We visited the hotel in February and it was a complete delight. The hotel is located high above Lake Geneva on a large site with lovely gardens. You feel as though you are perched on the side of the mountain which is lovely. You can access the hotel by funicular from the village below or by an exciting car journey up through the old town of Montreux.
The hotel is a Swiss classic, real genuine hospitality, stunning scenery, great food and a historic trophy building. While we were there in February it rained down in Montreux but that means snow at Hotel Victoria. The hotel is also close to the railway station which enables a trip to the nearby mountain peak of Rochers-de-Nayers which offers a lot of snow, dramatic scenery and some skiing.
The staff were very helpful and the owner is always to be seen. The nicest touch was when the owner gave our kids each a box of chocolates when we were checking out. Perhaps he was just glad to see us go! But we felt our stay at the hotel was appreciated. We visit Switzerland each year and have stayed in many beautiful hotels. Normally we always try and visit a different hotel, but Hotel Victoria is different and we plan to return.

Room Tip: We had an end suite (120) at the eastern side of the hotel. There was a good sized bathroom, a bedroom with a single bed with morning and afternoon sunshine, another bedroom with a double bed with balcony overlooking Lake Geneva, and then the main room with a sofa bed, desk, table and chair and two French windows leading onto a balcony. The balcony was very spacious and would be perfect for breakfast in warm weather.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family