“Best pizza in town”

Add it.
Brasserie des Alpes
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed 26 April 2014

First, you're in Switzerland so you know you're not going to find a cheap restaurant. The best you can hope for is that you will find a quality place. If you're looking for a really good pizza, this is it. I have visited this restaurant several times with my wife and with friends. We always receive a warm and genuine welcome. The atmosphere is good with a variety of locals and visitors dining. Although I have tried other dishes, we invariably default to the pizza because it is simply the best in town.
Leaving a Swiss restaurant not feeling you've overpaid is a rare treat but is one I invariably experience at this establishment. Highly recommended.

3  Thank Businessfellow

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Although the food is alright and the restaurant is in a convenient area, the size of the restaurant is quite small. The waitress did not speak a single word of English and the menus were all in French. Luckily, I had fluent French speakers with me in order for me to make an order. All in all the experience wasn't horrible but I would not repeat it.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Just happened to come across this restaurant cum bar cum pizzeria. Only about twenty covers with a bar area. Good menu from fish to horse and st prices slightly below those of the main drag. Close to the Suisse Majestic and train station. They do not speak much English neither is menu in English but it is easy enough to get along.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We found this restaurant, after walking the waterfront street and only finding overpriced restaurants.
We really enjoyed our meal and the service and felt the price was reasonable, by Swiss standards

1  Thank Freshwater_trip
Reviewed 8 February 2012

This restaurant is conveniently situated, at a few steps from the railway station and the Swiss Majestic Hotel and 2 mnutes from the lake shore. Decor is attractive. The dining room is vast with a very high ceiling.
Pizze are thin, well cooked, with a large choice of garnishings and a very tasty dough. Italians around there say that this is the best place in Montreux for pizze. I won't disagree.
Bisides, you can order either the day's specials (mainly grilled meat or fish), or from the menu. There, you get a good choice of classical brasserie dishes and a few very well executed portuguese specialties.
Wine choice is rather standard for the region. Nothing to complain about : they are good enough and never overpriced. Goog value.
Service is always friendly if not always totally efficient. I never had to complain about it though.

3  Thank corsalien