Grand Hotel Suisse Majestic
  • Pool
Villa Toscane(Montreux)
  • Breakfast included
1,194 results
All reviewstrain stationlake viewlake geneval'occitane productsarriving by trainwooden floorsdirectly across the streetdes alpesexcellent locationchristmas marketsmall balconyvery nice hotellakeside rooman amazing viewbreakfast was excellentjazz festivaljunior suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We arrived by train from Geneva yesterday exactly on time as you would expect from the Swiss rail service.

We were there at 11:00, somewhat early for hotel check-in, but I had emailed the property requesting an early admittance. The room was ready and what a beautiful view awaited us upon opening the door. The room overlooked Lake Geneva and the mountains beyond. My wife was impressed with my choice. She has not seen the bill yet, but the memory will wipe out any trepidations she will have. The room was spotless, had a marble fireplace, marble bath and a large balcony adorned with geraniums in flower boxes and comfortable wicker furniture.

I had difficulty getting my iPad connected to their in-house WiFi system, but a visit to the front desk and twenty minutes of patience by the staff got it working. That bespeaks good customer service.

The Restaurant 45 on the property is excellent and you can find my review under the restaurant section on TA.

If it is in the budget, get a lake front room. You will remember the experience for a lifetime.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Richard F
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and opted for the lake view room. Definitely the right decision as the view was spectacular.

The hotel staff were very polite and friendly.

The location was brilliant as the hotel was right opposite the train station. We also got a card from the hotel which gave us 50% off the attractions and free bus trips all around the town.

Only very minor points I would make is that the rooms are fairly small and the beds are not overly comfortable.

Lovely hotel and would stay here again

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AimeeandAdam
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Setting ist wonderful, hotel has probably restaurant with the best views in town. Rooms are clean and appropriate and quite good value. I couldn't get a lake site room, which was a shame. The rooms to the back, face the train station of Montreux, but are ok.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The hotel is located just by the train station (cross the street), there is no hotel parking but public parking garage is next to the train station, 24h parking is 35CHF. We have booked a room with the lake view (which is absolutely amazing) and therefore rooms are also quiet. Reception staff is very helpful. You will get a free public transport card, which can be used for Montreux and also Vevey and Lavaux. The hotel restaurant with a lovely lake view is highly recommended - it is not cheap but food is fantastic. The only minus is a hotel "spa" on the 9th floor - there is only one dry sauna and one steem room with a shower, so I would recommend to spent your time elswhere. Overall I would definatelly come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed here for only one night but was magical. a very nice modern hotel newly referbuished property with a very nice location. We had a lake view room with a small balcony for 2 chairs the room was nice in size the bed comfy.
One thing was missing as usual in all my reviews an nespresso machine.
The breakfast was excellent simple but nice. I will stay their again after 2 days just before I catch my flight to dubai.
I highly recommend this hotel for a romantic stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends