“Broom Cupboard Room and Horrible Staff”
Review of Bon-Port Hotel

Bon-Port Hotel
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Montreux
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Inflexible, rude staff welcomed me. I had already provided my Amex card number to guarantee the booking but when I arrived, the man at reception demanded immediate payment in full. I asked him if I may check in and then pop to the ATM to withdraw cash (to avoid paying the balance on my Amex). He already had my card number and I even offered to leave the card with him. He not only refused but said "I don't want a story I just want you to pay". I was very shocked by such rudeness. The room was also ridiculously small - you had to see it to believe it. In the en-suite the door was flush with the shower so you had to get in to the shower to actually close the loo door. I was horrified at the price I paid for it and would never ever stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
9  Thank SFox78
There are newer reviews for Bon-Port Hotel

Reviewed 31 March 2013

I stayed here mostly because it was about the cheapest ensuite room I could find anywhere in Geneva, Lausanne, Montreux or anywhere else on the lake, but it was pretty good. My room was comfortable and there were at least a couple of English TV channels. The bathroom was pretty compact and the shower with clingy cheap curtain was something of a let down considering how pleasant everything else was.

The location is excellent - only ten minutes from the station and local restaurants and although you might not get a lake view from your room, there is one 20 metres outside the front door.

Didn't have the breakfast (plenty of other options locally) so can't comment. Staff were friendly but rather disorganised. I left one morning at 9am and when I got back eight hours later the cleaner was still working in my corridor, and hadn't got to my room yet. So the place can hardly be described as slick, but since they are apparently charging much less than the nearest alternatives I'd had a good deal.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This hotel is in a great location, close to the casino, several restaurants & a 10 minute walk to the train station.

The hotel is clean & has a tv, coffee/ tea making facilities, comfortable bed, good shower, wardrobe. Montreux is expensive so for c£80/ night this is a really decent hotel in comparison. If you just need somewhere clean and comfortable to stay in a convenient & quiet location then stay here.

If you want luxury then you would be best staying somewhere else & pay another £100/ night! I would compare this hotel to a premier lodge in the UK.

Breakfast is at an additional costs but there are lots of lovely bakeries near by at a fraction of the cost.

Room Tip: You can request a view of the lake.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 77Emma
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Stayed here in the winter, due to the auto show filling up Geneva hotels. I found the staff to be brusque and they did not seem to hold hospitality as a primary tenet. The room itself was clean and cute, but the shower was not a well designed (billowy curtain, poort quality shower head, slow drain). The charging system for wifi is also unfortunate. After staying at a local-flavor two-star hotel elsewhere in Switzerland, Bon Port was a bit of a disappointment. The price wasn't that high by Swiss standards, but two-stars is probably closer to it than three.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Don S
Reviewed 10 December 2012

The hotel is nothing special, but clean and most important easily accessible. We had a room with no Lake view, however we didn't need it at all.
The Hotel is located next to the casino, just steps away from the beach. There is a private parking - for a fee - (be cautious while parking - getting into the parking is narrow).
There is no Wi-Fi reception in the rooms, but there is a PC connected to internet opposite to reception.
For one night stay - excellent price/place.

Room Tip: We were 4 (kids 8 and 12) and we booked a quadruple bed room, which is actually a room with double b...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2012

This hotel was a good option to explore Montreux. It is a walking distance from the Lac Lemann, Old Montreux and Centre Gare. Near to bus stops too. The staff was really friendly and helpful (we arrived late at night and they was gentle to help us to order some pizza to eat in the room). The room was confortable, but not very new. The bathroom was ok, but the shower used to leave the bathroom a little wet. They doesnt have baby cribs. Our oldest son slept in single bed, but we improvised with our 1year old girl.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2012

We stayed at the Bon Port for two nights. We had booked the hotel as this was the cheapest place available. (Switzerland is expensive). The place was difficult to find in the beginning. The hotel is near the Montreux Casino by the lake. Once we arrived we were greeted by the sweetest receptionist i had ever met. Our room was really beautiful. i did not expect such a room at the price i piad. (110 CHF/ night) It was well decorated with lots of colours. The toilet was clean. The location of the hotel is actually fantastic. Its by the lake. Lots of places to eat nearby. The Chateau de Chillon is about 25 min walking distance from the hotel. Very highly recommended! Couples would love this!

Room Tip: Ask for the room overlooking the main road
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple