“Excellent - but much too much”
Review of Le Pont de Brent

Le Pont de Brent
Reserve with
Le Pont de Brent is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 125 Restaurants in Montreux
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We chose the chef choice which was very good but when I wanted the food to stop coming I knew I am in trouble ...after four deferent dessert dishes. It is expansive restaurant and you know in advance that it will be so. Next time I will order from the menu myself.
I have to admit that I overall enjoyed the Ermitage restaurant in Montreux much better for food and atmosphere much better
For lunch and early dinner

Reviewed 29 September 2013

This was my wife and my fourth visit and we again had a marvellous meal (there were three of us for lunch), the service was absolutely first class, the food was very very good but the only criticism was the price.
If this was dinner the cost would be totally acceptable but just too hot for lunch.
We will definitely be back again, but it will be to be spoilt, and most likely for dinner.
The one definite no-no was the fact that there was a table of two close by who were obviously food critics as they were photographing the food and making copious notes, most probably they ate for free but this establishment does not need parasites like these to critique their food.
For example, we have often eaten at Gordon Ramsay's three Michelin star restaurant (Ramsays) in London, and always wondered why he was not listed in the "great restaurants" of the world (when in fact his is most probably the best) but he has a strict policy of not allowing critics to sponge on his goodwill for a free meal, consequently they very rarely come when they have to pay for themselves.
In closing, Le Pont de Brent is fully deserving of its two Michelin stars and most probably deserves a third, I could easily name three or four that should not have three stars and will do so after I have the second meal there.

1  Thank Bill N
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I was a bit disappointed. Look, the food was excellent, and the service just splendid, the nicest people. Somehow, I can't justify how ridiculously expensive if was when comparing to other Michelin star and world-renowned restaurants. I would say that New Yorkers who have dined at Le Bernadine, Jean George or Daniel (and lets throw in Per Se and French Laundry while we are at it) - I don't think you will find this on the same level while being quite a bit more expensive. Sorry, just didn't feel it was worth the money.

2  Thank RenaB1122
Reviewed 23 August 2013

From start to finish this restaurant is what multiple Michelin stars is supposed to provide. Creative cuisine and distinguished service adding up to a memorable evening.

2  Thank KK4424
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Le Pont de Brent doesn't disappoint. The food is great, the setting is picturesque, and the decor is pleasant.

This said, we did feel that a touch of "something" was missing. It's difficult to say what that "something" is. The caveat shall not be exaggerated though. This restaurant still offers a better dining experience than other Michelin-starred restaurants we've visited.

2  Thank Major_Tom_OverAndOut