“Exquisite, Subtle, Refined Food”
Review of Le Pont de Brent

Le Pont de Brent
Reserve with
Le Pont de Brent is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 120 Restaurants in Montreux
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Geneva, Switzerland
“Exquisite, Subtle, Refined Food”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Warm welcome in cozy and charming ambiance, excellent service and sublime food. Will definitely return.

• Visited November 2013

New York City, New York
“Excellent - but much too much”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We chose the chef choice which was very good but when I wanted the food to stop coming I knew I am in trouble ...after four deferent dessert dishes. It is expansive restaurant and you know in advance that it will be so. Next time I will order from the menu myself.
I have to admit that I overall enjoyed the Ermitage restaurant in Montreux much better for food and atmosphere much better
For lunch and early dinner

• Visited October 2013
Nice, France
“Right up there but a bit too expensive”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This was my wife and my fourth visit and we again had a marvellous meal (there were three of us for lunch), the service was absolutely first class, the food was very very good but the only criticism was the price.
If this was dinner the cost would be totally acceptable but just too hot for lunch.
We will definitely be back again, but it will be to be spoilt, and most likely for dinner.
The one definite no-no was the fact that there was a table of two close by who were obviously food critics as they were photographing the food and making copious notes, most probably they ate for free but this establishment does not need parasites like these to critique their food.
For example, we have often eaten at Gordon Ramsay's three Michelin star restaurant (Ramsays) in London, and always wondered why he was not listed in the "great restaurants" of the world (when in fact his is most probably the best) but he has a strict policy of not allowing critics to sponge on his goodwill for a free meal, consequently they very rarely come when they have to pay for themselves.
In closing, Le Pont de Brent is fully deserving of its two Michelin stars and most probably deserves a third, I could easily name three or four that should not have three stars and will do so after I have the second meal there.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Bill N
New York, New York, United States
“Hate to rain on everyone's parade but...”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I was a bit disappointed. Look, the food was excellent, and the service just splendid, the nicest people. Somehow, I can't justify how ridiculously expensive if was when comparing to other Michelin star and world-renowned restaurants. I would say that New Yorkers who have dined at Le Bernadine, Jean George or Daniel (and lets throw in Per Se and French Laundry while we are at it) - I don't think you will find this on the same level while being quite a bit more expensive. Sorry, just didn't feel it was worth the money.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank RenaB1122
Brooklyn, New York
“A Perfect Dinner”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

From start to finish this restaurant is what multiple Michelin stars is supposed to provide. Creative cuisine and distinguished service adding up to a memorable evening.

Visited August 2013