“It is OK.”

Juanitos
Ranked #63 of 116 Restaurants in Zug
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Switzerland
“It is OK.”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Food is OK, nothing spectacular. I have eaten far better Mexican food elsewhere (though not in Switzerland). The place is very small and the tables close together (be aware when leaving your table not to take everything on the table of your neighbors with you as you squeeze past them!). Service is generally swift and friendly but the value for money leaves something to be desired for. We go there for lunch whenever we get tired of the other places in Zug. Very busy at lunch and dinner time so reservations are important.

• Visited March 2014

• Hebrew first
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Good quality and service but it's noisy and it's Mexican”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is a restaurant of two halves.
On the plus side it's a busy, bustling little restaurant with young, enthusiastic and very friendly staff. The food is very good quality and portion sizes are very generous
Service is fast and efficient.
But...
It's Mexican food, which is boring and all tastes the same - and this was typical Mexican food.
The room is low and, away from the wall lights, gloomy. It's very noisy so hard to have a conversation and the tables are very close together so a private conversation is impossible.
I guess if you were there in a crowd you could have a really great night but it's not the place for a relaxed meal and conversation.

Visited March 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark
“needs a touch ofspice”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I recently dined in this mexican spot just across from the lake,i had heard good reviews on it and wanted to see for myself. The first thing that struck me was how busy it was and we came in at 9pm.

The seating is somewhat cosy, others might say cramped, we were seated so close to another table that it felt like we were dining with two other guests.

So...what did I like? the service was fine by european standards,ambience was festive, food was okay, for me the food is the ultimate part of a restaurant experience, If the service is bad, prices high...doesn't matter,if I walk away wanting a second plate, that for me is the biggest element.

I have to say the food was standard, nothing amazing but not bad either, the one thing I that was really amiss was the flavour, there was no real kicks of flavour and that was disappointing as mexican food should excite the taste buds.

The other downer was that there was no music playing which felt strange as its the easiest way to get a good ambiance going in a restaurant.

Overall, I am not sure I will be rushing back to this joint

• Visited May 2013
Knutsford, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

There were 5 of us and we were seated immediately and a drinks order taken!
The drinks arrived then immediately the food order was taken.
Food was delicious, everyone of us really enjoyed it. Service was splendid.
All in all a lovely little authentic restaurant which was not overpriced in a friendly little
Lakeside setting

Visited May 2013
Singapore
“Worst Mexican Ever”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I've had quite a bit of mexican food in my life and this is hands-down the worst I've ever had. The vegetables were not fresh, there was no spice to any of the food, and it tasted like they used the wrong kind of chilis in the salsa and sauces. It didn't taste like real mexican food at all. On top of it all it was by far the most expensive mexican food I have ever had. I left the place feeling absolutely ripped off. Our bill was 160 francs for three of us and we only had one beer each. If you're going to charge over 30 francs for the burrito it better be damn good! This one wasn't. It was awful. I would suggest you avoid this place like the plague. The other two people I was with had the same experience and agreed they would never eat there again. I cannot understand how anyone could ever give this place a rating over 2. I feel like I'm doing an injustice by giving it a 1.

• Visited August 2012