“Typical and good Swiss restaurant, great game in season”
Review of Restaurant Schiff

Restaurant Schiff
Ranked #10 of 129 Restaurants in Zug
Price range: US$18 - US$65
Cuisines: Swiss, International
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Went for dinner with the wife
It is the game season, so we went for game dishes. Well prepared, very big plates, tasty (and not that frequent)
Heavy meal, but that was to be expected with game
Service was good
Decent wine list
Prices decent for Zug
Will definitely return to check whether the regular menu is as good

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 30 May 2018

We were able to get a table right next to the water. Although our visit was in May, it was quite a cool evening and we enjoyed an appetizer of fondue split between 2 of us. My husband ordered the pork, which he loved, and I had the mixed salad. Everything was great!

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Absolutely not a good reception and no English at all. I was alone and I ask for a table, and they didn't give me saying it was full even if it clearely wasn't.
I would not suggest for this reason only.

Date of visit: May 2018
erichbarth, Inhaber at Restaurant Schiff, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Hello Franceso

I'll get back to you because of your entry. That was yesterday evening? We had everything fully booked last night. The lower terrace was reserved for 30 singers. The upper terrace full. This is no excuse and no lie - the truth. I ask you to delete the entry, because he is not fair!
Thanks and all the best

If you are still in Zug visit me please - we drink a bottle of wine togehter!

erich

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Great location right at the lake with an incredible view. Very enjoyable to sit outside on a hot summer day. The service was fast and our server friendly.

Unfortunately the two dinner meals (curry and rösti) we had were very simply made and nothing special at all. I guess you pay the premium prices not for the good food but the location.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Great decor and character.

Had company Christmas Dinner here.

Food was OK, but lacked a Wow factor. Perhaps they were just a bit too busy that evening.

Date of visit: December 2017