“Great first Swiss experience!”

Park Hotel Winterthur
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Winterthur
Illinois
“Great first Swiss experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

Spent two nights' on a business trip. Great staff, very attentive and fluent in English. Very helpful for assistance with very early morning checkout. Great breakfast!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
, Manager at Park Hotel Winterthur, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Dear guest. Thank you very much for your nice feedback. We hope to welcome you back another time. Best regards from Winterthur.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Haifa, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

Been there for 3 night in April-2012.
The hotel is in high level, we were in a family room in Which we were with our 2 young kids.
Breakfast was excellent and the entire atmosphere was very pleasant.
Located just across the main places in Winterthur.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Orenfl
phwin, Manager at Park Hotel Winterthur, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear guest. We thank you very much for your positive feedback. We really appreciate and are looking forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards from Switzerland
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

I had a 22 hour layover between the US and the mideast. I decided to spend the night in Winterthur rather than Zurich in order to see some of the art museums for which the city is famous. It is an easy connection from the airport to the city by train (from underneath the airport directly to the city center). However, it was snowing and cold when I arrived, and too short for a taxi ride (I asked) and too far to drag a rollerboard through the snowy streets. Had the weather been nice, this would have been a better choice.
I had a single room which was basic and on the ground floor. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was a little tight, but worked out.
I had a great, although expensive, meal at the restaurant which appears to be quite popular with the locals not just with the guests.
My glitch was arranging with the front desk the night before for a taxi to get me back to the train station in time to catch a train back to the airport to continue my journey. The front desk recommended cutting it fairly close (a train leaving 2 hrs 15 minutes before the flight), which became a problem the next morning when the taxi never showed and it was too late for me to walk and catch the train. I ended up taking a taxi all the way to the airport, which was expensive. However, I do very much appreciate all the efforts of the morning staff to find out what happened to the taxi, to suggest alternatives and to get a taxi to take me to the airport. Knowing myself, I should just have requested an early enough pick up time that if something happened, I would have a decent back up plan, even if that was just walking back to the station.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank JWm65
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last three weeks, on both occasions for business reasons. On both times the hotel fully lived up to expectations. Location for the town is excellent and as my wife joined me on the second occasion, she was able to find plenty to do locally. The hotel staff provide a very warm and hospitable welcome, the rooms are modern, comfortable and clean and the food - breakfast and dinner - is good value and quality.

Room Tip: Best to get a room overlooking the park
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Nazareth, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

I stayed 3 night on a business trip. The hotel is 7 minutes fron the train station, one block from the pedestrian area. The hotel is clean, staff is friendly, rooms are comfortable, spacious, bathroom is clean and not small. Breakfast is reasonable (I am a vegeterian so all the meat is not relevant to me).
I would come again without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank bomal
Redmond, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

We were in Winterthur for less than 24 hours, but enjoyed ourselves at the Park hotel. It is a 10-15 minute walk from the train station. If you exit on the east side of the station, cross the street and stay on Stadhausstrasse (street) until you see the hotel on the left.

The rooms have impressively tall ceilings and are big compared to other European hotels. Bathrooms were nice and my wife loved the fragrance of the soap.

Internet was not free, unfortunately. Wasn't the end of the world but would have been nice.

Breakfast was included in our rate and was very good. They even let us in a little early so that we could catch our 7am train.

Overall a great stay and would return.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank dvisser83
phwin, Manager at Park Hotel Winterthur, responded to this review, 24 June 2011
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your positive comments. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay in our house. Just a small remark: the WLAN is for free in our house. The acces codes are in the booklet with your key card. Hope to welcome you soon again. Best regards Martina Miciecki
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2010

The staff is amazingly friendly. They were full for one of the nights I wanted to book. They kept checking everyday until there was a cancellation. My company books with this hotel all the time. The food is great. The rooms are modern, clean and fresh. I slept well every night with no worries...and believe me, I'm picky. Taxis are easy to get, everyone speaks English and German perfectly. I felt very safe as a female business traveler. The best in Winterthur by far!!! Thanks to the staff! I will be back next month.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business