“Would definitely go back!”
Review of Samses

Samses
Ranked #256 of 1,954 Restaurants in Zurich
Price range: US$15 - US$26
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Gewerbeschule
Description: The vegetarian and vegan buffet from 11.00am to 21.30pm Let your eyes wander over our delicious tidbit and send your taste buds on a culinary journey. à la Carte; every day starting from 6pm to 10pm. We are committed to a healthy and balanced diet, which can also smack the non-vegetarians with her tongue. Our vegetarian and vegan dishes are prepare each day fresh for you, of course, only with selectet ingredients.
Strasbourg
“Would definitely go back!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Good - easy to get to (just off Limmat Platz - we went before going to a concert at X-tra), you can eat à la carte or from the buffet or both, large choice of vegetarian and vegan options (even had vegan wine!), buffet quite large, food delicious and creative, waitress was charming, helpful and spoke English, food from the buffet was heated up
Not-so-good - ate too much to try the desserts :-(, slightly pricey (but good for Zurich), small restaurant (booking definitely necessary)
I'm not vegetarian, but I'm willing to give up meat if I could eat Samses food every day!

• Visited March 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful, creative food!”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I found this restaurant by accident and loved it so much that I went back every other night that I was in Zurich. I had the veggie burger the first night, it was a bit messy but absolutely, incredibly, delicious. Other nights I had to have take-away since the restautant was fully booked. I sampled a little of everything I could fit into the box and each dish was wonderful... some Indian, some Thai and some Swiss flavoured, each was great. It is obvious to me that the head chef is creative and inventive and can make a complete vegetarian meal healthily. I can't imagine a better veg restautant.

• Visited January 2014
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Deliciuos and creative veggie food”
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

The food is really good. That reminds me grandmother dishes. We fully recomend because the price is not that expensive. We enjoyed the fact that there are several typs and combinations of deliciuos and creative veggie food. It is not possible trying everything only one time.

Visited January 2014
paknampran
“Not more than average”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Ok, the food you get isn't that bad but honestly how many times did you have inedible food in Switzerland. I went there because of the good reviews on Tripadvisor and was a bit disappointed.
Like most of my companions i decided to go for the buffet where there are variety of oriental, mostly vegetarian dishes. The majority of the dishes i selected were alright but lukewarm. Not what I expected from "one of the best" restaurants in Zurich. The value for the money is also not more than average regarding the huge amount of good oriental restaurants in the district which are charging you not even the half of what Samses is asking for.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Der-Bonvivant
Thun, Switzerland
“Same recepes for sauces”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The waiters were very stressed. Two of them had to take care of the entire restaurant, this on a Friday evening. They were very friendly togugh and I felt sorry for them. Really not the way to treat staff.

The food was ok but not special. Even we ordered two entirely different dishes, the sauces seem to have the same base and it all kind of tasted the same. The Rice was overcooked.

All in all the food was rather poor than ok when considering the prices. Not sure if we will go back.

• Visited August 2013