“Cool place next to Zurich lake”

Pizzeria Ristorante Molino, Select
Ranked #483 of 1,987 Restaurants in Zurich
Price range: US$19 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Somehow we must have been lucky with Molino, as we never encountered a problem with either the food or the service. It is a busy restaurant next to the lake so can imagine that the orders must been coming in non-stop and can be touristy sometimes, but apart from a bit of waiting, which we don't really mind, it is still a great place.

The location is really perfect to have an early morning breakfast, coffee or a light meal. Service is friendly and the food is of big portion and freshly prepared.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Cold food, forgotten orders and serving attendants with flippant attitude. Manageress granted a 20% discount due to the problems, but even after the discount for all the problems this restaurant is still the most over priced pizzeria I've had the misfortune to pull up a chair in.

Due to location it is a busy restaurant but a 2 minute walk in either direction along the river provides better more cost effective options.

Avoid at all costs.

2  Thank Manx_8
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The only positive thing of this place is the location, all the rest off. Incredible, they do not serve tap water if you ask it.

2  Thank TereGian
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have never seen such rude waiters as the ones at Molino. We were first ignored, then insulted by the senior waiter as we were waiting to be seated. I took my party of 5 and went to the italian restaurant a few blocks down. I am ok with Molino's food, but i will never return again.

2  Thank Ildiko R
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We ate here for lunch during our visit to Zurich and it was ok. All three of us had the pizza and it was average. The service was good as the restaurant wasn't very busy. Its in a very nice spot right by the river and Grossmunster. I am not sure I would eat here again if back in Zurich, I would probably try something new. However, in a pinch I might since I have had worse meals and you could definitely find worse meals in Zurich.