“Seriously good”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Langstrasse
Reviewed 17 April 2014

A little off the beaten track, but definitely worth seeking out. The chef here excels at putting things on the plate that are exciting and different without being pretentious - a difficult trick to pull off, but everything we had on the small (4 course) menu tickled our tastebuds and brought smiles to our faces.

The room is sparsely (but comfortably) decorated, and the mood is informal but polite and civilised - you wouyld be equally at ease here in a suit and tie or jeans and sweatshirt. The staff are happy to describe the dishes in great detail, and whilst the level of service is high, the key word is still "informal".

This place is not cheap, but in a city where nothing looks like a bargain, this restaurant is excellent value for money.

Strongly recommended.

3  Thank davgill

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Seing the portions of such gourmet restaurants, I always thought one would leave being a bit hungry. Well, it definitely wasn't the case !
This place had it (almost) all : visual delight, taste, surprise, very friendly staff...
You would definilty go there for the food experience and not for the view ( only thing missing).

I didn't expect such a classy restaurant to be located in that part of town, but still, once you are in there....your are transported to an other world !
Recommended for a special night out.

4  Thank PinkLemonade_1980
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My husband and I went to this restaurant mainly because the whole "sustainable", fair-trade concept that's at the heart of it, combined with a more creative cuisine appeals to us very much. We expected colourful, creative food and we were not disappointed. The dishes were beautifully presented and all of them tasted lovely. We were presented with unusual, exciting combinations both as far as ingredients as well as textures are concerend. The ingredients were of very good quality and the cooking tecniques made them come through beautifully. The service was very friendly, attentive but nou intrusive, although not always top-notch (we had to ask for the napkins, and they forgot to bring the wine list...nothing terrible anyway, and they were always smiling and friendly). There are not many tables therefore reserving is highly recommended; the atmosphere is relaxed and informal. The chef personally went from table to table to greet the customers and exchange a few words; he's a very nice guys whose passion for food and for his job shines through, which is always great to see and a good basis for a great dining experience.

1  Thank ChiaraMol
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Had dinner here this evening for the first time, based on the TA reviews. It's a small restaurant but very nicely decorated. I have to say, my first course did not impress. I had the scallops with couscous, avocado & banana bread & as soon as it came out, I said to my husband, 'it looks dry'; and it was. Whilst the scallops were cooked perfectly, the coated avocado & couscous were without any sort of sauce or jus & so the whole dish really was just rather bland & dry. Moving on though, for our main we both had the duck which was lovely & shared the mango/coconut/white chocolate dessert which was divine. We will be back.

1  Thank niclew33
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I am so happy to have discovered this place. The food was great, with combinations of flavors that were not just tasty but were also a nice surprise compared to the usual dishes one gets used to eat at comparable restaurants. The service was friendly, competent and attentive. Btw, the entire team in the restaurant is really young, from the chef to the waiters. If this is just the beginning of their careers, I am sure they are up to big things!

2  Thank chicago_zurich