“Unfriendly and won't be returning”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Scent of Bamboo

Scent of Bamboo
Ranked #1,520 of 1,895 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Zurich
“Unfriendly and won't be returning”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

I came to eat at this restaurant at lunchtime and almost every table was reserved, even though 2/3 of the restaurant seats were unoccupied and they were unwilling to make any changes. It does get busy at lunchtime but reserving almost every seat does'nt make any sense, it should be first come, first served with a couple of reserved tables, not the entire restaurant.

The quality of the food itself is ok if it's your first ever Asian meal but if you have tried Asian cuisine before, then you will be very disapponted.

I won't be returning to this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013

Gangneung, South Korea
“Reliable "international style" Chinese”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

If you have a craving for the type of Chinese you would find in most big city take-out restaurants, Scent of Bamboo won't disappoint. The staff are very friendly and it's open on holidays, which is a big deal in Zurich. Pus, it's underground in the main train station (across from Calida), so you can get here easily. Sweet-and-sour sauce, noodles, rice and Tsing Tao.

• Visited August 2013
Zurich
“Unfriendly, with average food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

This restaurant is always busy at lunchtime and slightly less so at night. I have always felt that i am more of an inconvenience than a customer here though, and the food isn't wonderful.

If you want to get away with poor service, you need to be exceptional at something else, sadly this place isn't and the Thai restaurant not far away on Badenerstrasse beats it hands down on both food and service (and price).

Visited August 2012
1 Thank StirB
Zurich, Switzerland
“Quite disappointing...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

Whenever we were lazy to cook and craving chinese food, like today, this was our place.
But I can not even start saying how disappointing this restaurant has shown itself in the last time, specially today. I ordered a dish with fried/toasted tofu and meat. I received a strange taste sauce with barely some meat and tons of slimy tofu. The tofu didn't look/smell/tasted like fresh at ALL. Plus, I ordered it FRIED, and not raw...
Anyway. I think it will take me some time to even crave for chinese food again. This totally turned me off...
I know this is take away food, cheap, but it doesn't mean that the food should be terrible.
I used to enjoy it.

• Visited July 2012
Zürich
“Delicious food and good prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

What we really liked was the choices on the menu - especially the Thai menu is different from most other Thai restaurants in town. If you are tired of the same old three curries, this is the place to go.
From the prices, we expected the dishes to be small. We thought wrong, though. Our food was delicious, too. Also, we did not share the experience that the service was bad or that the staff did not understand us.

• Visited March 2012