“Nice hotel, good service, great location”

Leonardo Boutique Hotel Rigihof Zurich
Ranked #96 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
Sydney, Australia
“Nice hotel, good service, great location”
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I have been staying at the Leonardo Rigihof Hotel for the 3rd time and enjoy the service. On this visit, the staff went out of their way to organise lactose free milk for breakfast. Nice touch!

The rooms are comfortable, offer all amenities except air conditioning which doesn't matter for most of the year.

I highly recommend this hotel both for business and leisure travellers.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I stayed at hotel leonardo with a business colleague of mine and found the hotel to be excellant. We are quite used to staying in large (more expensive) business class hotels. That sometimes have greater facilities than Hotel Leonardo. Having noted this point, whenever I return to Zurich I will always head back for this hotel. The rooms were of a good quality, the bed was very comfortable (I had an excellant sleep). The staff in the hotel were exceptionaly good, everyone from the hotel manager, to the check in desk staff and the barman and other staff were warm helpful and excellant. The check in desk team, gave us frequent pieces of advice on how to take the very short tram ride (2/3 mins) to the ctr of town, they even gave us excellant recommendations to some great resturants. In order to make your stay at this hotel great its important to engage with the staff, once you do this the hotel turns from into a great 5 star hotel.

L Neilson from Telford, UK

Room Tip: I request a room on the rear of the hotel away from the elevator. it was nice and quite.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2011

The hotel is close to the center (5-6 tram stops from the city center) but other then that not a good choice for Zurich. The room was not clean ( toilet was dirty...) and the service was below standard.
Worth it if you need to crash for a night but if you're staying for longer find another place

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank AAisme
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 October 2011

From the airport, take tram #10 and in about 30 min you are almost in front of the hotel (see hotel website for details).

Check in was speedy and the clerk was very helpful. We checked into room 209, which is on the corner. It had a nice balcony to step out to or sit to drink your cup of coffee which is complementary and can be made in the room. Also on the night table, you will find a bottle of water, a plate that holds an apple and a piece of chocolate (complimentary as well).

If you step outside the hotel and hang a right, you will come across a small Coop store, where you can buy bread,milk, salad, pop, etc. and store it in the room fridge (saves a few CHF's on lunch/breakfast).

Overall the hotel is a solid 3 star, the only drawback is the constant bell ringing. The tower goes off every 15 minutes! It does not matter what your room location is, you will hear it....light sleepers be aware. I could take it for 1 night due to jet lag, did not get much sleep anyhow, but that is about it.

You can walk to the old city centre in about 30 min and it is an easy walk...30 minutes down the hill.....other way up....well if you are in a reasonable shape, you can do it as well.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Be careful about ordering breakfast!!! I booked this hotel through a hotel bidding site so when I got the bid, I printed out my receipt and looked at a few pictures of the hotel but did not study the website. Even if I had looked at every detail, I booked multiple other hotels for our Europe vacation the same day so didn't remember much info beyond name, location, & price. In our room, there was breakfast ordering sheet that stated "following items are included in your room rate" then listed several simple items like coffee, toast, and juice. Below that there was a separate section that said "these items are for an extra cost and will be charged to your room." I read the pamphlet several times. There was no mention of it being a pre-paid breakfast or special room rate. I had no idea that there were separate rates. Nothing on the pamphlet indicated that. There was absolutely no prices for the breakfast items listed at the top and no mention of it being charged. Absolutely everything else in the room: slippers, peanuts, drinks, etc had a price set right on top of it so it seemed the hotel was good at communicating prices. So both mornings we were at Leonardo I ordered a very simple breakfast for my husband and I of coffee, toast, and a hard-boiled egg. Again these were all under the heading "included in your room rate." At check-out, I was informed we'd been charge 22 francs for each of us for each breakfast we'd had! That was 88 extra francs! I would never spend that amount of money on coffee, toast, and an egg. I explained that there was nothing on the sheet indicating this should have been pre-paid or it would be added to our bill. It said it was included in our room rate! They did not care, simply saying it's on the website and I should have known that. So I need to check the website everytime I check into a hotel to be sure they aren't scamming me? My husband travels extensively and says he has never seen a hotel do this before. I never got my money back. Up to that point we'd had a pleasant experience but it left a very sour note to be mis-led into spending almost $100 extra! I still feel sick about it:(

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Zurich hotels

Reviewed 7 August 2011

We chose this hotel after reading reviews primarily for its location. It was a little more expensive than we would normally pay. Our room the Werner Bischof Room was fine, at the back of the hotel with a small balcony (no noise from the main street, but the church clock chimes every 15 mins, after a day of walking we slept through ). The room was clean, lovely clean towels, shower was over the bath in our room, would suggest queering shower facilities when booking. Breakfast expensive, but pastry shops across the street, and a restaurant very close. Taxi outside hotel, as is ATM, tram stop, 10 -15 mins to centre. Be sure to take swiss francs for taxis, not all will accept euros

Room Tip: Ask for a room not at the front of the hotel eg on the main street.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rubyPerthWa
Mersin, Turkey
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Very good hotel. It is close to tramway-stop. Friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family