“Good location, nice room, helpful staff”

Leonardo Boutique Hotel Rigihof Zurich
Ranked #98 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We vist the hotel for 5 nights, the location is good, 10 min. Walking or 4 min. By tram. Tram no.10 is from the airport to the hotel. The room are very comfortable and clean, the staff very nice.
The regular Room are too small but the room with the balcony are great.
Near the hotel there is 2 supermarket, free wireless, and very good wireless.
The breakfast are too high so we didn't use it, and went to the supermarket each days. Great saving for 2 minutes walking.
Hope to back again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Eyal T
There are newer reviews for Leonardo Boutique Hotel Rigihof Zurich

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Quick review:
- Stayed here with fiancee and her parents for one night en route to Italy from Londres
- Fairly basic and utilitarian hotel in this expensive city. Small rooms with a small balcony. Rooms were hot and stuffy so we left the window open all night until it started to rain in the early hours.
- Location is pretty good, short walk downhill to the lakefront
- Overall, I wouldn't stay here again except on a short business trip or transit only

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 7TroopCutCopyPaste
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Was in Zurich last week and as I entered Zurich looked on booking and found this hotel. They claim it's a four star doubt that but for the price it's great. The staff courteous especially the girl Nadine she was really a pleasure to talk to and very helpful. The tram stop is just 100 meters away and your in the center from there in 5 mins. The breakfast was decent. Just make sure you get a room that does not face the main road, it's better

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Got into Zurich last afternoon and was looking for a place to stay and this came up, price was great, staff superb especially Nadine she was a joy to talk to and extremely helpful. The tram stop is across the road and your in the centre in 10 mins. Breakfast is minimal but not bad. I would stay here again, make sure you stay in the rooms that do not face the road.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms that do not face the main road
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Very bad experience,during my stay they change the furniture of the room nobody informed me. They cut the light nobody informed me, once again. If you want a water from the minibar You must go to the recepción desk. Breakfast really poor, it costs 22 CHF, too expansive for a coffee&croissant and some bread. Positive thing the front desk girls very friendly.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2014

except for location, its a very good VFM hotel. but its well connected thru the tram and can be reached within 10 minutes from the zurich station. the room amenities are very good. might need a fan in the summers. had travelled way back in june 2010

Room Tip: choose the road facing rooms
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I was very excited by choosing the hotel. Very beautiful photos = well designed rooms, I liked the architecture of interior. But the reality was, unfortunatelly, too far from the truth.

I did the check in, that was fast, I received the key but unfortunatelly, no more information about the hotel facilities, breakfast, internet, nothing... Just not very practical key for 4**** hotel with NO VISIBLE ROOM NUMBER, that is the shame for that kind of hotel. (photo added).
I came to the room (114) and I was very upset, not very nice aroma, very small room, not designed at all as the photos were showing, bathroom so tiny with dirty shower curtain. After I found out that the stuff did not verify the comment list of the clients who had been at the room before I entered. The client was complaining about the problem of the bathroom door as it was not possible to close it. Unfortunately it was the truth. I was obligated to packed all the stuff and go to the reception to announce that the room was not ok. At least I expected the excuse but nothing and surprisingly I had another, the next door room, that was the same categorie.

Later the day I went to the reception to ask about the museum as I was very interested in. The only answer was "never heard about"... I was also upset as I expected a little service for 4**** hotel. At least the stuff could go online to help me as I was not local and I did not know where the museum was situated and how to get there...

Generally, I believe that the hotel is not only for sleeping during the trip but it can also create the emotional feelings of the beginning of the trip or visit of the town. Unfortunately in my case it was very negative and because of this experience, Leonardo hotel just lost a client. I am sure the next time I will never choose the Leonardo hotel group...

But I do not want to criticize, there were also nice points of the hotel. Lovely bar (with the stuff who did not say even hi when I was passing through), the fact as each room is named after local artists, the cleaning and polishing machine for the official shoes.

As a resume, some recommendations for the hotel:
- put the photos of standard rooms on the internet as they are missing.
- the internet should be free of charge or less expensive than 20 CHF a 24 hours.
- the staff should at least show the interest in the client's needs.
- the staff should smile.
- you should provide a Zurich map.
- you should use a nice aroma in the room.
- you should change the room number fonts as on my key the number was missing.
- clean the shower curtains

If I knew the hotel was 2**, I would say perfect, 3*** satisfied.

Room Tip: Probably to pay extra to have superior room as it hopefuly could be better than standard room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends