“unfriendly employees”
Review of Hotel Villette

Hotel Villette
Ranked #134 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Incredible as bad treatment of employees with my friends and I, during the festival Street Parade 2012. I cannot understand how a hotel so cute, what could become really a little paradise, the first employees to be more professional, friendly. Before winning the schedule at the end of breakfast, we cannot even drink a cup of coffee. Unbelievable in a town like so valuable, internationally known hotel with a lousy service like this. Also unnecessary, a large amount of furniture within a small suite, which would save a lot of space inside. What a pity!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Villette

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Quiet, clean, personal nice. Location 100% satisfactory. Good transportation.near to principal interesting points of the city.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I booked this hotel on expedia because it seem like a good location for a decent price. But when we got there, the guy at the front desk said they canceled our resvo (for no reason) and emailed us couple days ago (which I didn't receive). The guy offered us another hotel 30 min away from Zurich (we have to get a taxi to get there) and also about $50 more expensive per night. And when I tried to reason with the guy he pretty much said "this is not my problem and you guys are not going to find a hotel anywhere in Zurich at the last minute like this, so you can either take my offer or you are going sleep on the street". Long story short, we didn't take his offer because we would end up spending $150 more per night (cost of from and to Zurich taxi and additional cost of the "other hotel room"). He also did the same thing to the couple before us (and they end up taking his offer because they didn't think they had another option).

At the end, we actually went out and found another hotel in Zurich and paid about $400 a night (still better then getting in a "taxi he would call for us" and take us to a hotel in the middle of nowhere, god knows what can happen then). So if you don't want to be scammed , stay away from this so call "hotel".

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank grace y
Reviewed 13 January 2012

The room rate is cheap as far as Zurich goes. Tiny Room, and strong smell of cheap after shave. My bathroom did not have a shower. The breakfast is in the adjacent Thai Restaurant, and is very disappointing, and in fact not worth bothering with - use the Starbucks just 10 steps away for a better start to your day. Not too noisy and I did sleep well. As I say, this is cheap as far as Zurich goes, however at CHF109 (£80) for me it is very expensive, but then Switzerland is an expensive country. The location of the Hotel is in fact very good.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here make sure you have a shower. Some rooms do not have a shower.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jackthebiscuit010
Reviewed 30 September 2010

The smell of stale food and toilets was disgusting.
We were charged more than it said on board - extremely overpriced
Room was behind the reception desk
One towel and two tiny soaps was all that was provided in bathroom - crack in sink and mould in shower
Single duvet on double bed thrown sideways so our feet stuck out all night.
Very noisy street
Television very fuzzy
Breakfast only mediocre bread and jam and horrible coffee
Absolute nightmare -would never go near it again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Brig08
Reviewed 13 September 2010

We were not kindly received - not welcoming at all. We were forced to pay by card immediately on arrival - otherwise they would have cancelled our confirmed booking for three nights. We suggested payment by cash the day after arrival but were denied. We had breakfast at the hotel the first morning. Not even the bread was acceptable. The following mornings we preferred to have breakfast at nearby Starbucks Café. The room and the cleanliness was OK for the price. We should not complain too much about the noise in the street at night - it's probably out of the staff''s control. The strong smell of indian curry kitchen might be acceptable in the restaurant if you are prepared of it. In the rest of the house it's unpleasant.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bofink
Reviewed 14 August 2010

This hotel gave us the worst experience ever. We booked this hotel via booking.com. When checked in, the receptionist demanded additional 25 Euro to pay for an upgrade room because the room we booked was sold out. We had a long arguement and after spending AUS$300 on the phone call to booking.com, nothing was resolved. When I returned to the hotel, I was being told that our booking was cancelled so we could just leave while they're serving another angry customer who apparently received the room they initially offered us. That night I found an email from booking.com saying my credit card would be charged for one night fee due to that cancellation. After 12 Euro on the phone to booking.com, I managed to get a confirmation that this hotel would not charge us anything. The inconvenience which caused was unbearable, the money, time and energy...we were standing in the pouring rain for 3-4 hours and had to look for another hotel at 9pm. The location might be good for this hotel but I promise you it's not worth it!! I was at the reception for 10 minutes and covered by the smell of strong curry cooking downstairs so even though we ended up paying 80 Euro more expensive in nearby hotel, we're glad not to stay in Hotel Villette. I am sharing this experience as dealing with them really ruined the first day of our holiday in Swiss and I do not wish anyone will go through what we did.

• Stayed: June 2010