“Lovely setting and delicious dinner”
Review of Dialog

Dialog
Ranked #534 of 1,929 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Kansas City, Missouri
“Lovely setting and delicious dinner”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We were ready for a relaxing dinner after walking around Zurich and stumbled across Dialog. We loved the narrow street with many passing by and good people watching. It was one of those mild evenings with everything just about right. Patrons were a combination of tourists and locals. We were not disappointed by our food. We were served fairly quickly though the service following was not very attentive.

• Visited July 2014

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
atlanta, ga
“Very good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This restaurant is located on Neiderdorf in Old Town. The food was excellent. Fresh, homemade and delicious Italian food. It was in a lovely setting, not too noisy.

Visited June 2014
Southampton, New York
“A calm repast on a busy street...”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Atop Zurich's "foody street" lies a lovely, professionally staffed restaurant with delicious foods; far and away from the beer halls, McDonalds and panini shops found closer to the "Polybahn" (funicular) at the bottom of the hill.

We arrived at Dialog after a long day of shopping. We sat our weary bones down at an outdoor table. It was sunny and in the 60's this late-September day and we had just walked our feet off, chugging up the long hill. Our need for something simple and delicious for luncheon was at the top of our list. Having cast our eyes upon a delicious appearing pizza being enjoyed by another patron, we didn't need a menu to know what we'd order.

Our waiter promptly greeted us, saw the shark in our eyes and took our order promptly to the kitchen; a Four Seasons pizza for Michael, and a spicy sausage and onion pizza for me. Before we could ask ourselves how long it might take to make them, two large, fresh mixed salads arrived moments after a big bottle of San Pelligrino and wine. We're off to a great start and not a moment too soon!

I especially enjoyed the acidic tones of the mixed salad. Their delicious white wine vinaigrette cleansed my mouth with crisp, delicious greens, sweet shredded carrots and juicy ripe tomatoes. My mind, now relaxed, and my palette now refreshed, I surrendered myself to full relaxation as we moved on to quench our thirst with good wines and mineral waters.

No sooner had I laid down my fork, than the pizzas arrived. "Very fragrant," I exclaimed, as I waived my palm over the pizza in the direction of my nose and took in the marvelous aromatics of onion, cheese and tomato atop crispy, brown crust baked to perfection. If I died now, I thought, it would be with a smile on my face and tomato sauce in its corners!

The menu at Dialog is varied and appealing throughout. Having enjoyed their perfect thin-crust pizza, I might suggest that you could find me at Dialog again, smile and all, on another sunny day in Zurich. Enjoy!

• Visited September 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
“Not child friendly”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We went recently to this restaurant, 4 adults and 4 small kids. The staff is not child friendly, I would never recommend to go to this place again if you are with kids. We were specially disappointed with one of the waiters, he was very rude and even a bit aggressive.
Never again.

• Visited August 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Not bad value in an expensive city.”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We had a perfectly decent couple of pizzas here and a good green salad. The service was friendly and the bill when it arrived wasn't alarming. There is plenty of seating within and outside and the location in the old quarter of Zurich is excellent.

• Visited June 2013