“Misleading information”

H+ Hotel Zuerich
Ranked #76 of 137 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Dear travellers,

I cannot suggest staying at this hotel even though the staff was friendly and helpful wherever possible.
The breakfast is at a very low standard, the fruits are old and cheese and bread not tasty at all. The coffee could be better as well, the choice is ok.
The rooms are nice for this standard; however, the ventilation is really loud. On the other hand, you will anyways wake up in the morning cause you can hear all that’s going on in the hallway (my room is very quiet according to reception - I don’t want to know how loud it is next to the elevator!). If my neighbour next door closed his door, my bed was even moving.
Furthermore, the fitness is the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel - no possibility to do any sports! The hotel shouldn’t advertise to have a fitness in this case cause its definitely misleading..
Room service is only possible until 10pm - that should be part of the menu as I came back later and expected to get food at the hotel. If the kitchen leaves - ok no problem, but please communicate this to your guests as well!
Regarding safety: one day my key didn’t work and as I had a lot of stuff to carry I called the reception and asked if they could bring a key upstairs, they were very friendly and it only took a couple of minutes, however no one asked for my name or ID – I just got a new key for my room.
There were a few more small things I was disappointed about..overall: there are a couple of hotels in Zurich that will give you more value for your money and I cannot recommend staying at the Ramada.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Stefanie R
PEmmel, Manager at H+ Hotel Zuerich, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Stefanie

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Review of your stay at the RAMADA Zürich City.

Kindest Regards,
Petra Emmel

Reviewed 19 September 2013

With the cost of Hotels in Zurich, I took a chance and booked on Hotwire. We got a nice rate and did not feel like 2nd class citizens at check-in. The staff could not have been better. With our H/W booking, we did not get breakfast, but enjoyed a bottomless cup of coffee and a large plate of delicious croissants (jam was extra) for $20. Not the full Swiss breakfast but not a rip off either. The wi-fi was a bit difficult and had to move by the bathroom to receive properly. The service was excellent, bed comfy and the bathroom sparkling clean. The carpets were a bit tired, but that is a constant issue for hotels that get this level of traffic. All in all a solid 3.8 rating. The staff are very nice and stored our bags during the day after we checked out. They even sell the great value city 24hr bus pass at the desk - about 8.50ChF. The place is a bit hard to get to via tram. Take the #3 from the Banhof then at Alpenach Paltz switch to the #2 - then get off at the 2nd stop.

Room Tip: We were 2nd floor on the side. Very quiet. The front street side might be noisey.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Till S, Manager at H+ Hotel Zuerich, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your positive comment. It is nice to hear, that you overall appreciate our services and offers! It would be our pleasure to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future – see you soon again.
Ramada Hotel Zürich City

Reviewed 17 September 2013

thankfully we stayed here in Sept & it wasn't hot. There was no A/C in this room & was stuffy. Had it been hot outside it would have been very uncomfortable.
Our room was newly renovated so I was surprised at the no A/C part.
The beds were comfy, the room was clean. The wifi in the room was TERRIBLE.
We only stayed one night & stopped in to ask for a room - they wanted 360CHF for one night. We asked to pay 150CHF but our offer was declined. As we were out front deciding on where to go, the front desk agent came out & offered us the room for 160CHF. He gave us a room that was reserved but because it was 2 a.m. he no longer had to hold it. I'm SO happy that we didn't pay 360CHF for this room. At 160 it was SERIOUSLY overpriced for what you get. I understand its Zurich & a big city - but we weren't even in the city center - and for that price the WIFI should at least be functional in the room and there should be A/C.
If you're going to Zurich - I would stay somewhere else for the price of this place.

Room Tip: No A/C, No WiFi in rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

It is very important to me to get your opinion and comments, since it will help us to maintain the standard of the hotel and its quality of service. Furthermore we will be able to correct small mistakes immediately.

It is with great regret to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your stay, especially the aircondtion of the room.

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences caused.

Thank you again for sharing your concerns and allowing us the opportunity to ensure that your next visit will be a positive and pleasant one.

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 September 2013

If you plan on being able to sleep in september in this hotel, forget about it. This Ramada has no American Standards. Stayed here 2 nights, on the 3rd floor, standard room, and I did everything in my power to never be in the room! The heat was unbearable, sleeping is clearly not an option as I was told air is cooled by water and is not your traditional type of cooling system. The reason I am writing this is not that I am not accustomed to sleeping with out air but more so I am disappointed the hotel lied and said it had air conditioning! Last note I would like to say, should you be brave enough to come here, ask for a fan during your check in, as there is only 3 fans for the entire hotel! Been here once, wouldn't come back again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank anabellepaulino
Till S, Manager at H+ Hotel Zuerich, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Guest

It is with great regret to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your stay, especially the aiconditioing condition of the room. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences caused.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed there for two nights and spent most of the time exploring the city and only went back to the hotel to sleep. You can get the tram outside the hotel, halal food is also available very near to the hotel. Found no issues, all in all, a very good hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank alihameeds
Till S, Manager at H+ Hotel Zuerich, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your effort writing on tripadvisor.

It is very important to me to get your opinion, since it will help us to maintain the standard of the hotel and its quality of service. Furthermore we will be able to correct small mistakes immediately.

I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay.
Looking forward to welcoming you again in Zurich, I remain

With kind regards,
RAMADA Hotel Zürich City

Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

I've enjoyed my stay there as the tram to city is 1min away from hotel. And Europcar rental is just next to hotel. Restaurant and shopping mall is nearby too.
The hotel room condition - you won't regret it. Its great!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank hafizah-ahmad
Till S, Manager at H+ Hotel Zuerich, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your valuable comments and encouragement, which is highly appreciated. We believe into constant improvements through customer recommendations and would surely love to see you soon again at the RAMADA Hotel Zürich City. Wishing you all the best we remain

With best regards

Reviewed 24 August 2013

This was the last hotel we stayed at before returning home after a two week European holiday. Loved the firm bed and the modern rooms. The sauna was a nice touch especially since we had very sore muscles from travelling intensively the previous couple of weeks. The location is very convenient on tram line 2 into the city (15 mins). A cab to the airport costs about CHF 56. The hotel even allowed us to check out a bit late given our late flight which was a nice touch.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tjaartvdw
Till S, Manager at H+ Hotel Zuerich, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your recent stay at the RAMADA Hotel Zurich City and your time spend to evaluate our services and quality level. We are really delighted to see that you enjoyed the city and the hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact us when returning to Switzerland to make further experiences within our RAMADA Hotel chain either again in Zurich or other city destinations in Switzerland. Wishing you all the best and remain with best regards