“A very nice newish hotel”
Review of H+ Hotel Zuerich

H+ Hotel Zuerich
Ranked #77 of 137 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is a beautiful hotel.The rooms are large and modern with coffee facilities.The room overlooked a roof but was very quiet with excellent fittings.There are eating places across the road.The only downfall is that you have to catch a tram to the middle of Zurich.You have to change from one to the other But the quality of the hotel,is exceptional.also had airconditionong

Room Tip: We where off the front of the hotel which was quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
PEmmel, Manager at H+ Hotel Zuerich, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest & Reviewer

Thank you for your effort writing on tripadvisor.com.

It is very important to me to get your opinion, since it will help us to maintain the standard of the hotel and its quality of service. Furthermore we will be able to correct small mistakes immediately.

I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay.
Looking forward to welcoming you again at Zurich, I remain

With kind regards,
RAMADA Hotel Zürich City

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Dear sir, like my friends, I took felt very much,like a criminal. I was the one who had to give the credit card for the security purpose, which felt like ransom money like your response state it a regular occurrence of international hotels, I have to say this is not. I have travelled in last weeks and not once was I required a security fee for my stay,I was disgusted with the attitude of your staff on arrival, nor did she try to solve the situation, but instead increase our frustration when she answer the phone as well. Also when asked to speak to someone, this did not happen. She did however cut down the 750 franc to 300 franc as I did not have that much in my credit card, and that fact it Hugh for someone who chosen a hotel that was suppose to be 4 star. I now question in how your received this 4 star. As staff at front desk on our arrive was certainly not service. However when we ask for extra pillows we did get them ASAP. Which is great, but cleaning and the lack of classes, mugs etc for a 3 people room which was only a two room with a extra small bed place was not only cramp but difficult to move around. Like my friends certainly not what we saw nor what we expecting. Like them I will not be returning to your hotel and any my friend who recently asked how was my stay there, I would say avoid, your front of desk staff needs training, respect does go along way, so does the upfront knowledge that a security charge is required, none of this was told to us until our arrival. I did overhear another customer was also upset as the was not told of this as well. Please do make this note on your website, on booking.com an anywhere you advertise and let the customer decide of they stay. You have lost me, I will find another hotel in the future,

Room Tip: Chose another hotel.
3  Thank Jmfire
PEmmel, Manager at H+ Hotel Zuerich, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Sir

You were our guest during a few days ago. Thank you for having chosen our hotel and also thank you for taking the time to complete a guest questionnaire on tripadvisor.

It is very important to me to get your opinion and comments, since it will help us to maintain the standard of the hotel and its quality of service. Furthermore we will be able to correct small mistakes immediately.

It is with great regret to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your stay, handling of your credit card deposit handling. As this is a regular and normal procedure to take credit card guarantee bookings upon arrival for guarantee of exrtra charges from all guests.
Most of the hotels worldwide, espacially in big cities and hotel chains do this, so we like to apologize that this was not to your mind.

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences caused.

Thank you again for sharing your concerns and allowing us the opportunity to ensure that your next visit will be a positive and pleasant one.

Kind regards,

RAMADA Hotel Zürich City

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The location is perfect if you're on a budget but still want to be near the city centre. Public transportatioin is really easy to access and convenient. The building and the rooms are really nice and new. The staff was also very helpful. The only downfall is that the rooms don't have a mini-fridge. Otherwise, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
PEmmel, Manager at H+ Hotel Zuerich, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for such a wonderful review of your recent stay here at the RAMADA Hotel Zurich City .

We especially appreciate your comments . Our staff is our greatest assets and it is nice to have them acknowledged.
Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The hotel has free wifi, but the connection is not good. The rooms are also tiny, but clean.

You also have to be prepared to take a taxi if you want to go to the city centre.

OK hotel, but a little expensive compared to the quality and standard.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Frode E

Dear Guest

Thank you once again for having chosen our hotel and thank you for taking the time to share your impression of your visit on Tripadvisor.

I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and will pass your comments to my team.

Looking forward to welcoming you again at our hotel, I remain

With kind regards,
General Manager & Team

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Disappointing stay. I booked this hotel as apart of a group booking. The rooms were smaller than stated, the wifi non existent and the rooms were only half cleaned ( I could write my name with the dust on the coffee machine as an example). The attitude of the staff on reception both during booking in process and during our staff was poor, we were treated like dirt on their shoes. I expected much better of ramada and won't return for that reason. We were also charged a security deposit of 300 francs despite not being advised this would occur, I have never known this before and cannot find it online when trying to find out more so must be another bad show by ramada. Hotel is in good location though for others who decide to book.

Room Tip: Low floors on the west side of building have better wifi signal
3  Thank superwomab

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay here at the RAMADA Hotel Zurich City. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for any inconveniences caused to you during your time with us.
I was disappointed to learn that you did not receive the service that you had expected and as well as your room was not to your satisfaction. I would like to have the opportunity to discuss this matter further with you, could you please contact me on +41 44 437 9901
Once again thank you for your feedback and I do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards

Reviewed 3 August 2014

On Arrival to this hotel after 5 days in a conference centre where we had been treated like kings and queens, we were informed as there was 5 of us between 2 rooms that an upfront fee of 750 swiss francs was needed to protect the rooms, when we questioned this as it had never been stated to us during our booking they told us as it was incase we took from the breakfast buffet as breakfast was not included, we were disgusted as we felt they were basically calling us criminals. We managed to get the fee down to 300 swiss francs as we had booked it through booking.com we would be charged for the hotel anyway, they demanded a credit card we were about crying by this point, thankfully one of our party had a credit card. The room was a twin with a extra bed very crampt not like the picture of a 3 bed room we had seen in booking.com, and as for the free wifi, only available in the toilet, or if you were lucky for approximately 1 minute in the main part of the room. I expect more from Ramada and will never stay in a Ramada ever again,when we phoned to see if there was a problem with the internet we were informed no, clearly room 421 isnt on the wifi route.

2  Thank cookies897
PEmmel, Manager at H+ Hotel Zuerich, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Sir

You were our guest during a few days ago. Thank you for having chosen our hotel and also thank you for taking the time to complete our guest questionnaire.

It is with great regret to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your stay, especially the guarantee handling. As this is a normal procedure to take credit card guarnatees (or even cash) from clients credit card upon arrival (guarantee of extra charges as breakfast, garage etc.) we apologize that you not satisfied with this situation but like to inform you that this is a regular international hotel policy and standard.

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences caused.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Hotel is clean and fresh... Located right in front of Freihofstrasse tram station.. Really convenient to hop on to the tram to reach the city center.

English TV channels were limited, remote was sluggish... very frustrating to get to see something of my choice every time (I could never sit and watch the TV.. but have to lie down on the bed... I've to move the cots wide apart to keep the reading chair to watch the FIFA world cup finals )

Has a nice sauna and a crampy gym (no treadmill is another diappointment) but Zurich during summer is fun to run outdoors.

Staff are very kind and responsible. I left my running shoes in the sauna and found it safely at at the front desk the next day.

Breakfast choices are really good... the restaurant serves quick and delicious choice of food.

Rooms are small in size.... Suitable for business trip... Only one person can stay and is a problem for families to stay. If you get a good rate.... try

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
PEmmel, Manager at H+ Hotel Zuerich, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Guest & Reviewer

Thank you for having chosen our hotel and thank you for taking the time to write a survey on hotels.com.

I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay. On the other hand it is with great regret to hear that your rooms was too tiny for you. For your next stay I reccomed you our Deluxe rooms or even Junior Suites, these both categories are much bigger as our Comfort rooms.
Thank you once again for your feed-back.
Looking forward to welcoming you again at our hotel, I remain