“within expectations”
Review of H+ Hotel Zuerich

H+ Hotel Zuerich
Ranked #74 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed 19 August 2014

A hotel for 100 euro a night in Zuerich, 10 minutes by tramway from the station, same by taxi. A business hotel for 1 night, for a business traveller not planning to spend much time in the room, and on a not to important business trip. Without his wife or clients.
They did not promise more, I did not get more, and I was not promimse more. So a very satisfactory experience because totally within expectations.

Room Tip: all rooms I think are functional.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rob M
PEmmel, Manager at H+ Hotel Zuerich, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Guest & Reviewer

Thank you for your effort writing on hotels.com.

It is very important to me to get your opinion, since it will help us to maintain the standard of the hotel and its quality of service. Furthermore we will be able to correct small mistakes immediately.

I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay.
Looking forward to welcoming you again at Basel, I remain

There are newer reviews for H+ Hotel Zuerich

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Having read previous reviewers I am quite surprised, it is common in most European hotels to want to take the credit card as security when you check in.
Our room was spacious, clean and bright and cleaned well.
All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful especially housekeeping who after a phone call for an iron were at our door 2 minutes later, they were very good as we left our dog in the room to see the athletics and we explained that they could not do the room at that time we came back at 1pm and went out with the dog and when we returned our room had been cleaned.
Our only complaint was we had an Ice cream dish and the ice cream had ice lumps in it which would have been caused by a lid not being on the container properly.
Overall our impression was good.
Though the hotel was outside the city it is only 15 minutes by tram number 2 to the centre. The hotel was opposite the Leitzgrund Stadium which was fantastic for seeing the games.
I have visited Zurich many times and would return to the Ramada.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine W
PEmmel, Manager at H+ Hotel Zuerich, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for taking your time to write a review on the RAMADA Hotel Zurich City.

As hoteliers, we strongly believe in the importance of guest feedback and are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your wonderful comment, i will forward this to my team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is a beautiful hotel.The rooms are large and modern with coffee facilities.The room overlooked a roof but was very quiet with excellent fittings.There are eating places across the road.The only downfall is that you have to catch a tram to the middle of Zurich.You have to change from one to the other But the quality of the hotel,is exceptional.also had airconditionong

Room Tip: We where off the front of the hotel which was quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest & Reviewer

Thank you for your effort writing on tripadvisor.com.

I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay.
Looking forward to welcoming you again at Zurich, I remain

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Dear sir, like my friends, I took felt very much,like a criminal. I was the one who had to give the credit card for the security purpose, which felt like ransom money like your response state it a regular occurrence of international hotels, I have to say this is not. I have travelled in last weeks and not once was I required a security fee for my stay,I was disgusted with the attitude of your staff on arrival, nor did she try to solve the situation, but instead increase our frustration when she answer the phone as well. Also when asked to speak to someone, this did not happen. She did however cut down the 750 franc to 300 franc as I did not have that much in my credit card, and that fact it Hugh for someone who chosen a hotel that was suppose to be 4 star. I now question in how your received this 4 star. As staff at front desk on our arrive was certainly not service. However when we ask for extra pillows we did get them ASAP. Which is great, but cleaning and the lack of classes, mugs etc for a 3 people room which was only a two room with a extra small bed place was not only cramp but difficult to move around. Like my friends certainly not what we saw nor what we expecting. Like them I will not be returning to your hotel and any my friend who recently asked how was my stay there, I would say avoid, your front of desk staff needs training, respect does go along way, so does the upfront knowledge that a security charge is required, none of this was told to us until our arrival. I did overhear another customer was also upset as the was not told of this as well. Please do make this note on your website, on booking.com an anywhere you advertise and let the customer decide of they stay. You have lost me, I will find another hotel in the future,

Room Tip: Chose another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jmfire
PEmmel, Manager at H+ Hotel Zuerich, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Sir

You were our guest during a few days ago. Thank you for having chosen our hotel and also thank you for taking the time to complete a guest questionnaire on tripadvisor.

It is very important to me to get your opinion and comments, since it will help us to maintain the standard of the hotel and its quality of service. Furthermore we will be able to correct small mistakes immediately.

It is with great regret to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your stay, handling of your credit card deposit handling. As this is a regular and normal procedure to take credit card guarantee bookings upon arrival for guarantee of exrtra charges from all guests.
Most of the hotels worldwide, espacially in big cities and hotel chains do this, so we like to apologize that this was not to your mind.

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences caused.

Thank you again for sharing your concerns and allowing us the opportunity to ensure that your next visit will be a positive and pleasant one.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The location is perfect if you're on a budget but still want to be near the city centre. Public transportatioin is really easy to access and convenient. The building and the rooms are really nice and new. The staff was also very helpful. The only downfall is that the rooms don't have a mini-fridge. Otherwise, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
PEmmel, Manager at H+ Hotel Zuerich, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for such a wonderful review of your recent stay here at the RAMADA Hotel Zurich City .

We especially appreciate your comments . Our staff is our greatest assets and it is nice to have them acknowledged.
Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The hotel has free wifi, but the connection is not good. The rooms are also tiny, but clean.

You also have to be prepared to take a taxi if you want to go to the city centre.

OK hotel, but a little expensive compared to the quality and standard.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Frode E

Dear Guest

Thank you once again for having chosen our hotel and thank you for taking the time to share your impression of your visit on Tripadvisor.

I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and will pass your comments to my team.

Looking forward to welcoming you again at our hotel, I remain

General Manager & Team

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Disappointing stay. I booked this hotel as apart of a group booking. The rooms were smaller than stated, the wifi non existent and the rooms were only half cleaned ( I could write my name with the dust on the coffee machine as an example). The attitude of the staff on reception both during booking in process and during our staff was poor, we were treated like dirt on their shoes. I expected much better of ramada and won't return for that reason. We were also charged a security deposit of 300 francs despite not being advised this would occur, I have never known this before and cannot find it online when trying to find out more so must be another bad show by ramada. Hotel is in good location though for others who decide to book.

Room Tip: Low floors on the west side of building have better wifi signal
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank superwomab

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay here at the RAMADA Hotel Zurich City. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for any inconveniences caused to you during your time with us.
I was disappointed to learn that you did not receive the service that you had expected and as well as your room was not to your satisfaction. I would like to have the opportunity to discuss this matter further with you, could you please contact me on +41 44 437 9901
Once again thank you for your feedback and I do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards