“Good for us”

Ranked #30 of 45 Zurich B&B and Inns
Pointe aux Canonniers
“Good for us”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

We did a short stop visiting a friend and for business. The area is much much cleaner and safer then any "clean and safe area " of Paris or London. And have I no problems with red light district as it is a clean organised red district !!
The rooms was clean ( and we are fussy people) , simple modern look, nice view on a tree, quiet . Big enough , all that we needed. I liked the concept of token as a key and code at the door . Found it innovative. Once more good value for money compared to any accommodation in Zurich. Can't complain , our experience was good and we will probably go there again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank GoldStarfish

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Los Angeles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

The name of this Guesthouse is now Guesthouse Weststrasse. I stayed here for 7 nights. Out of the 7 nights, there was no housekeeping for 2-3 nights in a row. I had to call them using my personal phone for a top up of toiletries and clean towels since there is no reception in the building. They were shocked in their office to learn that no one came to clean my room because according to them, there is always someone on site at Weststrasse. Eventually, they came but forgot the toiletries. I figured time would be better spent going across the street to the COOP supermarket to buy the toilet paper than calling them again. The common kitchen area can be filthy. One evening, there was a swarm of flies and foul smell in the kitchen.

If there is one good thing in this place, it must be the availability of a washer and dryer in the kitchen and the availability of free WIFI. But if the WIFI breaks down, you must be ready to call the management on your private phone and have them tell you to call the service provider yourself because they can do nothing about it! In addition, I would not recommend this place for elderly folks as there is no elevator and you need to climb long flights of stairs to the rooms. Further, solo ladies may want to know that next to the guesthouse (2-3 doors away) is a lounge that I supposed has dancing girls in there. There are also a few bars strewn around the area. I was traveling solo and felt relatively safe but I would not return to stay at this place again.

It is a 5-7min walk from the tram station with tram 2 and 3 connecting you to Zuerich Hauptbahnhof area. The tram stop is Lochergut and it takes about 15 min to reach the center. Everywhere in Zurich is extremely accessible. The only difference in places I think in Zurich is the feeling of safety and the noise level of the neighborhood. On this account, the place is not that quiet and does not feel all that safe for a solo female traveler, especially if you return past 10pm in summer.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank SMSJH

Travellers are raving about these Zurich hotels

San Rafael, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed here for two nights. It was overpriced for the location and the accommodation. There was a terrible sewer smell in the bathroom that never went away. The shower was broken and so when we used the shower, water sprayed everywhere. There were bedside lights but no way to plug them in so they were unusable. We tried to call for help with the shower but the person didn't speak any English and we didn't speak Swiss German, so there was no way to resolve the issue. There is no lobby at this guest house so there is no person to seek help from either. The hotel doesn't say it's in such a seedy neighborhood so you don't expect to find yourself in such a location.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Garrett M
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

This hotel is surrounded by brothels and is in the red light area of Zurich. The guests in the hotel were shady looking chaps with tattoos all over and smelling of sweat. My room was not clean and I left this hotel and booked myself in the Best Western Hotel in Konrad Strasse near the main railway station.

I will never recommend this hotel to any one and certainly not a hotel I would like to associate myself with. Please remove this hotel from your list as it brings bad name to your website.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

No reception !
Any mail informing i had to enter a code in A machine to give me the key. Nuber allways busy. 1 hour calling to reach somebody helpfull.
Good quality price.
Realy bad smooking smell !
Realy quite do good sleep

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

We came late to the hotel. I had sent an email first and explained I was going to be late. I did not get any response and when I arrived to the hotel there was no one there. The door was locked. There was another guest who helped me to get in. I had to call and get a code to get in.
I asked for an extra key but did not get any neither. Ended up one of the rooms near the kitchen. So much noise in the morning. Would never stay there again and would not recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends