“DONT MISS IT!”

Museum of Art (Kunsthaus Zurich)
Book In Advance
Ranked #4 of 225 things to do in Zurich
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This fantastic art museum displays Western works since the 1600s and has an especially impressive selection of modern art.
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Fabulous museum with exception work of many masters, a hidden gem. Small enough to enjoy but well laid out and with such exceptional artwork that you can spend hours. A memorable part of my visit to Zurich.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

As an art lover and in particular of that of the Masters...I was blown away by the experience of being able to actually view first hand the marvellous works of the likes of Picasso, Monet, Kandinsky, Miro, van Gogh to name but a few.....My only regret...time - I needed much more of it.

I absolutely loved the setup....the art was able to speak for itself - no overshadowing by overdone décor..and I whiled my time away by wandering through space after glorious space indulging my senses...goosebump after goosebump.

I'll be back...and when I do..it'll be for many hours more...why even for the whole day!!!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Wonderful building with sizeable dimensions and a minimalist presentation that flatters the art. And what a collection it is. World class and well worth the visit.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

There was nothing that we did not like it was all great.
We have visited dozens of museums and I must say this is by far one of the best. The works include many of the old masters as well as great works from many contemporary artist.

1  Thank 37Ross
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The museum has a trove of art pieces. The Giacometti exhibition is exquisite! It's roomy and very well lit. It could use some more explanation in other languages.
You are requested to check you backpack into a locker, you'll need a CHF 2 coin to operate it, but you'll get the money back, when you return the key.
The gal at the reception didn't really explain quite well how the pricing works, but we managed.
The gift shop was a nice surprise.