Museum of Art (Kunsthaus Zurich)
Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Great collection of old masters!

We spent our last afternoon of a long trip here and we especially enjoyed the work of the old... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Dante-Lux
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
via mobile
Amazing collection… spend an afternoon!

What a beautiful museum! Not only is the permanent collection full of interesting pieces, but the... read more

Reviewed 28 July 2021
88lourdesa
Yonkers, New York
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Zurich
from US$68.12
from US$186.20
from US$294.07
from US$14.22
1,870 results
All reviews van gogh old masters permanent collection on wednesdays great collection audio guide large collection middle ages on display two hours zurich card monet munch sculptures painters ferdinand century
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 March 2019 via mobile

Monet, Manet, Cézane, Van Gogh, Picasso, Miró, Kandinsky, Rothko, Warhol and of course Giacometti and much more. Huge surpise! Incredible collection.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed 24 February 2019

Literally, the house of art, is a museum that holds a large collection of art going from the Middle Ages, Impressionism, Avant-garde to Modern pieces of art. This place is home for artists such as Monet, Manet, Munch, Chagall, Picasso, Rodin, Degas, Giacometti and Van Gogh. If you are an art lover, it’s a must-see when in Zurich

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank Evguine
Reviewed 22 February 2019 via mobile

We were offered to see a special exhibition in addition to the regular one and decided we did not want to pay the extra, as I wanted to see monet etc. However we were only allowed into one exhibition room showing one artist- and it was not very good! We were going to ask whether we could pay extra to see what we wanted to see, but when we got to reception it was really busy so we decided not to bother. Such a shame, so just make sure they are clear as to what you are paying to see. Maybe it was our mistake, problem with translation, but I thought I'd made it clear what I had gone there to see and it was their regular exhibition.

Reviewed 17 February 2019 via mobile

I’ve been living in Zürich for almost three and just made it to this art museum. Now I have no idea why I waited so long. It’s a very good museum. We saw the special exhibit, Kokoschka which was very good. The Impressionism section was really good, impressed with large Monet pieces. The only criticism is that it doesn’t flow very well. I feel like I might have missed some of the artwork, but that just means I’ll have to go back (on Wednesday when it is free).

Well worth the visit, highly recommend.

Reviewed 14 February 2019

Kunsthaus has an amazing collection in an overseeable space. I am going there often and take most of my foreign visitors there. Why? just name any world famous painter, and you will most likely have 4-6 of his paintings there. Great coverage of all centuries and both classic and modern art.