“Masina Suite”

Ranked #5 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
San Francisco, California
“Masina Suite”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I won't lie, I saw that this was the hotel featured in the American version of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and when I found out it was in the same city I was going to visit for work... I had to indulge.

The service and tone is exquisite of course and the Masina Suite was everything I could ask for and more... I kept calling in my partners to play pool in the living room!

I would definitely travel back with my special someone, I am sure the spa is great (next time!)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Tom M
Mark_Jacob_TDG, Managing Director at The Dolder Grand, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your positive comment on our Masina Suite.

We are delighted to hear that you have such fond memories of your previous stay with us and that you appreciated our Top Suite with glamorous Italian interior design and pool table.

Please do come back and visit us again in the near future. Our Dolder Grand Spa is waiting to be explored.

Your sincerely

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed here with a big group. The location is fantastic! You are just a bit outside Zurich yet you feel that you are no longer close to a city. The bar is great and the service was also very good. The rooms are new and very large! had a great experience in this hotel. Would surly go back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your recent stay at the Dolder Grand and for your wonderful feedback.

We are delighted to read that you consider our hotel to be perfect for a getaway from the pulsating life of the city and appreciate your compliments on our Dolder Grand Bar and the appearance of the guest rooms.

Please do come back and visit us again in the near future. Until then we wish you all the best.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I have stayed at many nice 5 star hotels over the years, however this one was excpetionally amazing. It's castle facade and fancy interiour would normally indicate a stuffy staff, but everyone was so kind and helpful.

What makes this hotel exceptional is the mix of the location; overlooking Zurich, sorounded by nature, and only 10 minutes by car to the center of Zurich. The hotel has nice hiking paths in the woods really close by. The other thing that made my stay so nice was the spa and workout room.

Their Pilates trainer was knowledgeble and tought me the basics of Pilates over two classes. The swimming pool is 25m long and beautiful. I loved that it was long enough to enjoy a proper workout.

The spa with it's steam room, sauna and snow-room was so open and well staffed, so being a female travelling by myself I was never uncomfortable or felt left to myself when enjoying the ameneties.
The wardrobe had a seperate girls-only spa that would be perfect for a girls-trip.

Phillip the massage-therapist gave me an incredible Shiatzu massage, he gave a full 100% while it lasted and was very knowledgable about what he was doing. He even went overtime as he had a routine he wanted to get though even if it took longer. One of my favorite massages ever.

The room-service was nice, I had Spagetti Bolognese that tasted homemade.They were very accomodating with special requests like green vegetable juices, sliced avocados or kiwi's on the side.

I would say this is a perfect hotel for couples of all ages, girls-trip, singles and business people.

Room Tip: My room was 1303, and I overlooked the hotel from the left which was nice and I saw the golf course...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cena J
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your wonderful feedback following your stay at the Dolder Grand.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and felt comfortable and well looked after. Furthermore, it makes us proud to read that not only the unique range of activities for your well-being, but especially our staff was able to turn your visit to the Dolder Grand Spa into such a delightful experience. Please be assured that we will gladly share your encouraging words with Philipp and the entire team, as your praise is the finest recognition of our work.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback and recommendation. We definitely look forward to welcoming you back to the Dolder Grand in the near future. Until then we wish you all the best.

Qatar
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Although our stay in Zurich was short, the stay at the Dolder Grand ensured that our brief Swiss experience was one that will remain with us for a very long time. The hotel is comprised of two parts, the old mansion and the new wings. We stayed in the old hotel. The rooms have an authentic old world feel while offering every amenity and luxury you could hope for. The showers are incredible.

From the moment you arrive, the staff ensure that you are taken care of, and despite some very technical requests, they went our of their way to see our needs were met in no time. The collection of art in the hotel is breathtaking, and ranges from Baroque statues to contemporary counter culture pieces. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I'd recommend the old hotel. Ask for a city facing room or suite with a city view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Mark_Jacob_TDG, Managing Director at The Dolder Grand, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent stay at the Dolder Grand and for writing so favourably about us.

We are delighted to hear that you had a great time with us and particularly enjoyed the remarkable art collection on display as well as the appearance of the guest rooms in the Main Building. Furthermore, we are happy that you valued the friendliness and attentiveness of our staff so highly. Your feedback confirms our commitment to a dedicated service culture, and I will gladly share your remarks with my team.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

we stayed with a group of 30 friends.
the hotel has just been renovated a couple of years ago, and the new extension is WOW !
You get thoroughly spoilt with service and the staff.
Love the art ,its beyond belief

If you want to be in a serene environment in Zurich city , this is the place to be.

Room Tip: stay in the new wing
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank DharmK_13
Dear Guest

I am gratified to read that you and your friends had a great time with us and will forward your compliments to the entire team. Furthermore, I appreciate your hint at our remarkable art collection and truly hope that you took advantage of the art iPad to discover the more than 100 artworks, which are mainly displayed in the public areas.

It would be our pleasure to welcoming you and your friends back to the Dolder Grand on a future occasion. Until then we wish you all the best.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We had dinner at the restaurant at it was outstanding! Had a massage at the spa and that was exceptional. loved the hot tub outside overlooking the city. The hotel was gorgeous and the rooms were superb. The entire staff was very attentive.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your positive comment on the culinary offer and on the Dolder Grand Spa following your recent stay with us. We are delighted to read that our team was able to create a positive impression, and we truly hope to welcoming you back soon. Until then we wish you all the best.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying in this property recently for 5 amazing days ......the property with its vast exquisite and impressive art collection thoughtout the property was breathtaking .....the staff was beyond helpful and attentive .... Definitely coming back !!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mhfita
Mark_Jacob_TDG, Managing Director at The Dolder Grand, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your recent stay at the Dolder Grand and for writing so favourably about us.

We are delighted to hear that you and your husband had a great time with us and enjoyed the remarkable art collection on display as much as the friendliness and attentiveness of our staff. Your feedback is motivation to us to continue our efforts in the same direction, and I will gladly share your remarks with my team.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Dolder Grand at the next opportunity. Until then we wish you all the best.