1,133 results
All reviews the executive lounge white elephant grand superior room train station old town corner room river view minute walk high floor main building walking distance across the river special thanks wonderful stay comfortable rooms wonderful hotel an upgrade
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Although it was pricey (as everything in Switzerland is), we had an excellent stay. As a platinum, I was upgraded to a room with a nice view of the river. The executive lounge had very good food with an average alcohol selection. However, the location of the executive lounge was interesting as they are usually in an area with a decent view (not the first floor). We received generous amount of points for taking the environmentally friendly option for house keeping. We also received a discount or points for dining at the hotel restaurant which the Gondola was excellent. It was my birthday, so we were surprised with a nice bottle of bubbly and very nice cake. It was an excellent stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
MarriottZurich, Guest Relations Manager at Zurich Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear Sebastian C,

The time you invested in writing a review about the Zurich Marriott Hotel is highly appreciated and we were delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay at the Zurich Marriott Hotel.

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay to the utmost with the food and drink offers provided in our newly renovated M Club Lounge which is loved by our guest being on the ground floor – close to all facilities offered in our Lobby Area.

I was particularly pleased by your comments that our hosts have been wonderful to you. This is the main ingredient for a successful hospitality effort. You can be rest assured that I will share your review with the entire team.

Thank you for your kind comments and we are looking forward of having the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Zurich Marriott Hotel in the not too distant future.

V. Egli,

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I’m a Marriott member and I happily collect my points so I can stay at the next Marriott while on vacation. The Zurich Marriott is in a great location, about a 10 minute walk from the train station. The bellhop was super. He saw me dragging my large suitcase and quickly took the cases from my husband and I and delivered them to our room. The lobby was spacious and welcoming, but didn’t look like every other Marriott. They each have their own vibe. The check in clerk was friendly and upgraded us since we’ve been members for many years. Yes! Our room and bathroom were very spacious. The members lounge was such a treat as usual. I'm always happy with my stays at Marriotts, including the Zurich Marriott.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mary V,

The time you invested in writing a review about the Zurich Marriott Hotel is highly appreciated and we were delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay at the Zurich Marriott Hotel!

I was very pleased to comprehend from your comments that you have enjoyed the hotel including its facilities and services during your stay, especially our hosts being friendly and helpful. It is most rewarding when guests are complementing the hotel and we are most proud to have exceeded your expectations! You can be rest assured that I will share your comments with my colleagues and their teams.

We are already looking forward welcoming you back to the Zurich Marriott Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I am a fan of Marriotts and have Gold elite status. Faultless room with great view up the river to the city and the lake. Easy walk from Zurich HB station too. Elite status meant we had access to Club M which is one of the best I have found (except why is it on the ground floor rather than somewhere with a view?). Staff friendly and very helpful. Also tried the regular restaurant which was first class with a good omelette bar. Very minor problem was that I was told I had no more to pay when checking out then a late charge of city tax was made to my card. This small amount incurred disproportionate bank admin charges, which is why I had asked at checkout, where I would have paid cash. When I explained the circumstances the charge was refunded. Highly recommended .

Room Tip: Get a room with a view up the river - wonderful
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
MarriottZurich, Guest Relations Manager at Zurich Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Rmac876,

Thank you for taking the time to us on tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Zurich Marriott Hotel - It has been a pleasure having you as our guest.

I was very pleased to comprehend from your comments that you have enjoyed the hotel including its facilities and services during your stay. It was our most pleasure to host you brilliantly.

We were concerned to read that you have not been fully explained for the extra charges of the city tax during your check in and there was a late charge placed on the credit card. Furthermore I am delighted that it has been handled professionally and to your most satisfaction.

Rmac876, thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to hosting you again at the Zurich Marriott Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Stayed two nights last week (June 12 & 13). Good location a few blocks from train station. Nice public space areas - and room. Safe in room not functioning - but everything else ok. Nice staff at front desk. The M Lounge was a mess at peak times - understaffed and not able to keep up with replenishing food and drink as well as keeping surfaces clean and free of used plates and trash.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear tropix,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Zurich Marriott Hotel. It is a pleasure having you as our guest.

We were distressed to the M CLub Lounge can be quite full due to the holiday travelers and their families during the holiday season. As the structure of the Hotel does not allow us to expand the size of our M Club Lounge or relocate it, I hope that this will not defer you from returning to the Zurich Marriott Hotel. Additionally your feedback of the lacking in services is noted and will be forwarded to our Director of Food and Beverage to be an isolated issue.

Even more I am delighted to understand, that you have been very satisfied during your stay and could enjoy the rooms and location of the hotel.

Thank you once again for your valuable comments and we do hope to welcome you back to the Zurich Marriott Hotel in the not so distant future.

Brilliantly Yours,

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Perfect hotel . Nice rooms and suites. Perfect city view. But very costly hotel.

Avoid booking with business lounge if travelling with family. ( not really enough food varaties).

Food staff, but very expensive hotel, but Zurich is also a very expensive xoty

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear waheed k,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on booking.com. We are pleased to learn that you overall have enjoyed your stay with us within our rooms and location

We were concerned to read from your comments that you perceived our hotel as too expensive. Zurich is indeed a city with high prices and it is ranked as one of the cities with the highest living standard in the world. Compared to other hotels in the city center of Zurich of the same category, you can be rest assured that we are in the same price range.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to hosting you again at the Zurich Marriott Hotel in the near future.