Lowest prices for your stay
£312
Priceline
£303
Marriott Hotels
£303
Book Now with Marriott Bonvoy
1,541 results
All reviews the executive lounge m club white elephant train station north wing old town limmat river main building upgraded room minute walk walking distance across the river an upgrade comfortable rooms the location is perfect zurich hb city
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 August 2019

Some people might say I'm a bit of a curmudgeon... even a little grumpy. I prefer the term "discerning". Having disclosed that, let's get to the review.
The Marriott in Zurich is a nice enough hotel. The bar downstairs was well stocked and comfortable. The food at the bar, quite good. The bar staff was friendly and polite. Basically, a nice bar to sit, relax, and have a quiet conversation.
There is a Thai Restaurant in the hotel, the White Elephant. I highly recommend getting a reservation and enjoying a delicious Thai meal while staying at this Marriott.
Olivier from the Marriott staff not only made reservations for us but arrived to ensure we had a good table and were pleased with the restaurant.
Check-in was fast and efficient. Bell service was offered. No complaints at all.
Our room... I would say the room was good overall, but there are some issues that need to be addressed. WiFi worked well. The Televisions were very large, great quality picture and an acceptable selection of channels. The Hotel has room service and the Club Sandwich is large enough for two. The only downside to this room was cleanliness. The refrigerator had some leftover food particles on the inside of the door. Staff came to clean out the refrigerator. The windows (which were large and afforded us a great view of the water and park) had smudges on the inside that looked as if someone had pressed their face against the glass several times along with numerous handprints. Being somewhat squeamish about looking through someone else's face oil every time I looked out the window, I used a hotel hand towel to wash the glass clean. I would have called the front desk, but I was tired and didn't want to be bothered by anyone else that afternoon.
The bed was very comfortable. I don't mean it was okay; I mean that bed was perfect! Pillows were full and soft and the mattress was something I'd really miss once we left this hotel.
The bathroom was not huge, but large enough and the room was an upgrade by the hotel.
I used my Marriott Bonvoy App to check out of the hotel which made things go much faster when we left.
This hotel was a 5 to 10-minute walk to the Train Station. Very close to Bahnhof Strasse. It's a bit old and could use some freshening up, but for a great nights sleep and great service, it was a good place to spend our first two nights in Zurich,

3  Thank JimM474
Reviewed 26 August 2019

Fabio De Prisco was the highlight of the stay for us. He upgraded us to a suite since we had 2 kids with us. He helped us with tips around Zurich and how we should be visiting various tourist attractions. We stayed 3 nights in this hotel and I wished we could extend our stay. The breakfast staff, Mohammed and Marciene (I think it was her name, she was Brazilian origin) were simply outstanding and they took care of my toddler so well. The breakfast was sumptuous with a large spread with a live egg counter for freshly made omelette and pancakes. Highly recommended!

Room tip: Try to get the river view rooms. A/C doesn't cool as much on the higher floors for some reason
3  Thank aamirs97
Reviewed 25 August 2019

Although the property is nice and the location is great, it has the worst reception and front desk. Not only are they rude, but we stayed there for a family wedding and they mixed up all the bills and reservations. When I checked in they mistakenly downgraded my room. When I called to complain, they said they are sold out, although I made my reservation 3 months ahead.
Then when I wanted to check out, I found out that they mistakenly merged someone else's bill with mine and they wanted me to pay more than double ( Mine and the other room, including their room service).
After an hour of trying to sort things out, I found out that they charged me a higher rate than what I reserved. That took another half hour to sort out. They claimed to have returned the difference to my card, but I never got it back. When I asked for a refund for the tax adjustment due to their mistake, the rude supervisor said I have to go get it from the airport because they can't refund taxes!!!
Every member of my family who was attending the wedding there had an issue of some sort either with check in or check out.

Trip type: Travelled with family
MarriottZurich, Guest Relations Manager at Zurich Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2019

Dear aalaama

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us.

We do apologize if you were approached with unprofessional and inappropriate behavior while handling your complaint. This is definitely not the way our associates have been trained, neither does it reflect the Marriott way.

As our key priority is to provide you with a memorable experience during your stay with us we would be delighted to get in touch with you personally. Please feel free to contact us directly at the Zurich Marriott Hotel.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back at our hotel in the not too distant future.

Brilliantly yours

F.Cavin

Reviewed 19 August 2019 via mobile

Love this property. Perfectly located near train station and walking distance to all the sights of zurich. Staff were very attentive. Had in room dining after long international flight and it was excellent. Highly recommend. Get a room with a view if possible

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2019

Great stay in the Zurich Marriott. Well situated within walking distance of many attractions, train and bus service. Front desk service was good. Markus A. was exceptional in helping us book excursions.

Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank robert l
MarriottZurich, Loyalty Ambassador at Zurich Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2019

Dear robert I,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay and leaving a comment on Tripadvisor.

It fills us with pride that we were able to make your stay a special one and you could enjoy a great trip in Switzerland.

Especially your comment about our Guest Relations that does everything to customize your stay to make it brilliant is very much appreciated.

Thank you once again robert I, and I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon in the near future.

Brilliantly yours,