Hotel Continental Zurich - MGallery by Sofitel
US$278
US$259
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Bristol Hotel Zurich(Zurich)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$181
  • Breakfast included
Leoneck Swiss Hotel(Zurich)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$423
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
2,191 results
All reviewsapple juiceold towntrain stationswiss chaletminute walkaccor hotelssuperior roommain stationcomfortable bedan upgradeexcellent hotelbuffet breakfastsingle roomthe air conditioningcentral locationnespresso machinezurich hb
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night as a stopover for our European vacation. We chose it since it was close to the train station. We were given a handicapped accessible room which in and of itself is not bad but that's the best thing I can say. The air-conditioning on a rather warm day did not work. When I called the front desk the woman who answered came right up and confirmed that it was not working. Instead of offering to move us to another room or calling someone to fix the air conditioning, she ended up bringing a fan for us to use. This was not a satisfactory solution! The door to the bathroom would not stay closed. The shower curtain was broken and falling down while in use and the remote for the television did not work. I understand that Zurich is an expensive city but for what we paid for this hotel I expected more. Upon check out when I was asked if I found everything satisfactory. I responded with the list of problems we encountered. The response from the front desk person was "okay, thanks for staying with us". An apology or at least an attempt at some compensation would have been nice. Anyone visiting Zurich, my advice is to look elsewhere for a hotel.

13  Thank GaryB1985
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Very central, they serve an excellent Breakfast, the staff provided efficient and polite service, well furnished and comfortable room, clean bathroom, very clean and soft linen, strongly recommend this good place to stay in Zurich

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Where can I buy one of these beds? Damn that was a great nights sleep! This hotel was fairly well located, nice and handy to the train station and Bahnhofstrasse shopping/dining strip. Although other hotels may well be closer, Hotel Continental is close enough to be handy yet avoids any night time street noise.

The entrance to the hotel from,outside is a little drab looking, it's really just a spinning glass door entrance in the side of an otherwise grey concrete monolith... But once inside it nicely resembles the traditional swiss chalet style look n feel... At least reception area does. The hallways could do with a makeover, perhaps new carpets etc but nothing wrong with our room itself. Shower pressure was good and water was hot! Both very important to me.

Had a most enjoyable buffet breakfast in the morning, which was included in our room rate and the selection was of the standard you would expect from a 5 star hotel.

Personally I think the price was rather steep in comparison to everywhere else we stayed on our European trip... However, having said that it was one of the cheapest prices we could find for accommodation in Zurich.... So it might be very well priced when compared to other Zurich hotels of a similar star rating. The staff were very warm and friendly not to mention helpful.

Zurich itself is quite expensive, and is definitely designed for the rich and probably famous. We felt totally put of place. The prices of accommodation, taxis, food, drinks were all well outside our budget and we struggled to find somewhere to eat that we could actually afford. I wasn't going to pay the equivalent of AUD$96 for a steak. Eventually we did find a nice Chinese restaurant (I wish I knew its name so I could review them because their food was very good), but for the most part almost very restaurant we reviewed the menu too we had to walk away from based purely on price. Even McDonald's wanted AUD$35 for 2 burger combos with small drinks and small fries! Ridiculous!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Zurich HB is about 15 minutes walk away. Beware that there is a slope upwards to the hotel if you were to walk from the HB, dragging a heavy luggage was a little tiring. If you are lazy, it is also very convenient to catch a tram back to the hotel.

This was the first and only hotel to ask if I would like to upgrade for a larger room (since there were 2 guests). I guess perhaps its due to the hotel being in Zurich, but I had gotten free upgrades in my other accommodations so this left a sour note. Front desk staff were not as friendly and felt a little curt.

Room was well sized although outdated. Beds were not that comfortable as the middle had sunken in. Bathroom was of decent size as well.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
EskoRe, Manager at Hotel Continental Zurich - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014