“Lovely little Sheraton” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #75 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
Liverpool
“Lovely little Sheraton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I've stayed in a Sheraton before and this one didn't disappoint. My room was upgraded immediately by the very attentive reception staff and I joined the Starwood scheme. The reception staff made us feel very welcome and gave us lots of advice about the City.

The room was lovely and very clean with all the little luxuries I'd expect from Sheraton. This includes lovely touches such as bottles of water, Ricola sweets and a great coffee machine!

The only minor incident was that I was made to feel a little uncomfortable when I was using the ice machine to collect some ice for a bottle of champagne we had in our room. I think it was because I was collecting quite a lot of ice but it didn't spoil my overall experience of staying here.

The location of the hotel is fantastic, a short walk or tram ride from the train station and really close to the wonderful lake.

I don't understand why there isn't free Wifi in the rooms- there are PCs to use near the reception/bar area but in every other hotel I stay in there is always free Wifi in the rooms.

I would definitely consider staying here again if I return to Zurich.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank YvonneNX

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
New Delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed here on Business for three nights and everything was really nice and comfortable. Though the double room size seemed bit smaller. The staff is very nice and warm and helpful. I think they work too much. There's always some nice free chocolates and fruits near the reception that I loved to take. Location is ideal, walking distance to the lake and to the tram and other Zurich attractions. Free wifi at the lobby and reception area. Could get it free even in the room if I kept my device near the door.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better as they are quieter and give you better views
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Satyabrata
Pieter-van-Beugen, Manager at Sheraton Zurich Neues Schloss Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear sir,

thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor.

It is good to hear that you liked the hotel and were even able to get the Lobby area Link@Sheraton Wifi for free while staying in the room. This means to me that the Wifi Network is very strong and of good quality.

Please be assured that our employees work a lot but only a max. of 42 hours per week according to Swiss law. Maybe you only saw the same employee over and over again during your visit and remembered him/her because of the friendly service.

On behalf of the whole staff I would like to say thank you for staying at our hotel and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Warm regards,

Soddy Daisy, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

This hotel was a small Sheraton hotel located close to the train station. I had written ahead to let them know we were celebrating our 25th anniversary. I had previously received confirmation we had been booked into a junior suite although upon arrival was informwd this was a "mistake" as the girl that said that was new and we had been instead given a classic room. The manager on duty did upgrade us to a superior room without extra charge and gave us 500 starwoods point bonus and free breakfast. The room was nice although not what we anticipated and faced an outside courtyard view. As a platinum member I had read all the reviews of being treated with upgrades and extra perks.The manager on duty was nice and did send us champagne and fruit but I also felt extra compementary things are given to all platinums such as breakfast and free cocktail when made feel we were being treated to something SPECIAL.Staff was nice and helpful and room ok. I expected more after reading previous reviews.......

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Pieter-van-Beugen, Manager at Sheraton Zurich Neues Schloss Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Pollywally1,

thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor!

I would like to apologize for the unpleasant situation regarding the suite. Due to our internal failure we confirmed your suite night award although all our suites were booked for your date of arrival. I fully understand that this was very annoying especially as it was your 25th anniversary trip.

Regarding the treats for our valued platinum guests you are right, we do what we can to give them a special feeling. In a 60 room property however it isn´t always easy to upgrade all although we really try. As the hotel doesn´t feature a club lounge you are right that our platinum guests get a free cocktail at the bar. Breakfast however isn´t free unless chosen for as platinum welcome amenity instead of the points, you in this case got both as an apology for the suite mistake.

I would like to apologize again for the failure we made and thank you for your review and for staying with us on your anniversary trip. I really hope to welcome you back at some time in the future.

Warm regards,

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Got upgraded to a junior suite, which was great. Fantastic downtown location close to the lake. Outstanding breakfast buffet. Friendly service in the reception. Didn't use any other facilities, but left the hotel with a happy feeling. More of a business hotel than a place I would come for a weekend though.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed at the hotel on a recent business trip. The staff were very polite. The rooms were very clean - and has a Nespresso machine, which is great.

The hotel was well located for my purposes as my clients were based nearby. As for staying here for non-business, it is still very good as many of the attractions are within 10 minutes walk away.

The one down side is that wifi is only free in the lobby area. I cant understand why in this day and age why this is not provided in rooms as well especially given that this is a business hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Pieter-van-Beugen, Manager at Sheraton Zurich Neues Schloss Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear LKCLPJJB,

thank you very much for staying with us on your recent business trip.

It is good to hear that you liked your stay with us. Although I understand your point about the Wifi in the rooms we have to charge for this service to reach consistency within the Sheraton Hotels.

As on the other side we understand that Wifi is one of the most important things for travellers these days we give an opportunity to use the Wifi for free in our Lobby area.

On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for being our guest and I hope to welcome you back to the Sheraton Zurich Neues Schloss Hotel in the near future.

All the best,

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Asked and got a room with a balcony, the balcony is amazing for smokers or just for relaxing, but even without it, the room is spacey with very nice decor in a quiet yet very nicely located area near the lake and public transportation.
Besides that a top yet not annoying service from all personnel, it is small Sheraton hotel and it almost like a family run hotel in terms of service.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alon S
Pieter-van-Beugen, Manager at Sheraton Zurich Neues Schloss Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Alon87,

great to hear that you liked your stay with us.

I fully agree with you, these rooms with balconies are amazing and I´m happy that we were able to offer you one.

It is also good to hear that you were satisfied with our service and that you describe our hotel as it felt like a family run hotel. With only 60 rooms and being a small boutique hotel this is the feeling we want to deliver to our guests.

Hope to welcome you back to Zurich and to the Sheraton Zurich Neues Schloss Hotel in the near future.

Warm regards

Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Terrific staff (Marius at front desk was particularly helpful) and v. good location. Had a corner balcony room - spacious, quiet, modern. Sheraton brand can range in comfort/execution, and this one is top decile. Short stroll to waterfront and downtown. Have been to Zurich multiple times, this will be my 1st choice when I return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pieter-van-Beugen, Manager at Sheraton Zurich Neues Schloss Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear CRtor,

thank you very much for posting your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

It is great to hear that you liked your stay with us. Please be ssured that I´ll share your kind words with our staff, and Marius particularly, as well.

On behalf of the whole team I hope to welcome you back to the Sheraton Zurich Neues Schloss Hotel in the near future.

Warm regards from Switzerland