“Who gives other guests your room key??”

Hotel Krone Unterstrass
Ranked #21 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
Gold coast
“Who gives other guests your room key??”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this place in which I was traveling on my own and given the room was nice; I can't tell you how scared I was to find a man at the end of my bed in the dark as I got startled from a deep sleep! Or tho the man apologized looking confused needless to say I was beside myself as the man stood there staring at me trying to get answers that I didn't have as to why I'm in the room and my answers was to why he has my room key. After the gentleman left I phoned reception to find out one of the staff stuffed up in claiming they gave the other guest the wrong key? But as to why he had my room number also is totally unacceptable.
Not only was my safety at risk but I didn't sleep after that incident. As I left early in the morning nothing was mentioned or said, nor did I receive a discount off my accommodation nor even a complementary breakfast. My partner who was a million miles away was outraged that this could happen, as was I! Honestly, never again will I stay at hotel Krone Unterstrass.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Allyeastman
differente, Manager at Hotel Krone Unterstrass, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear guest
Thank you very much for your comment on this plattform. As already explained to you in a personal email we highly regret the mentioned circumstances and apologize for all the inconveniences, you were facing during your stay. We already explained to you, how this could happen and assure you, that we have taken all necessary actions in order to prevent other issues as explained. Since you have left very early in the morning, our management was not able to see you and act in your suggested way. However, as explained in our email to you, we kindly ask you to contact us on a direct way in order to show you our concession. Thank you very much.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Bonn, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel takes care of details which is seldemly the case in these days. The staff is friendly and food was excellent. Good, calm but business like atmosphere and I can say that I will stay there again next time in Zürich.

1 Thank 827Frank
Dear guest
Thank you very much for your comment on this plattform. We are very happy to hear that you have had a pleasant stay with us. We set a high value towards quality, hospitality and guest service. We are very happy, that we were able to satisfy you with our standards. Thank you again for the time you have dedicated to inform us about your opinion. We would be very happy to welcome you back soon!
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Value for money. Friendly, helpful staff will make sure you're comfortable and have everything you need. You pick up the phone and they sort you out within minutes. If you don't need anything, they simply leave you to do as you please, which is good if you're in Zurich to do business and don't particularly feel like being fussed over,

Room Tip: Townhouse rooms afford you total peace and privacy. Spacious and stylish.
1 Thank Alex C
differente, Manager at Hotel Krone Unterstrass, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear guest
Thank you very much for your comment on tripadvisor and the time you have dedicated to inform us about your opinion. Thank you for your excellent comment. We put a high focus on guest service and are very happy to hear, that we were able to reach your expectations. We would be very happy to welcome you back in our hotel soon and wish you a wonderful summertime.
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was amazed by the level of friendliness in this hotel. Travelling for business and usually stuck into places with no welcoming environment, the Hotel Krone Unterstrass is the opposite. I was welcomed to dinner with a drink on the house, the waitresses were very sweet, the front-desk was super kind and finally, when I arrived in the room I was surprised to a very clean and modern ambiance that I never found in another hotel of this price level in Zurich. Certainly coming back!

1 Thank Karolina C
differente, Manager at Hotel Krone Unterstrass, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear guest
Thank you so much for your great review on Tripadvisor and the time you have dedicated to inform us about your stay. We are very happy, that you have had a pleasant stay. Our motto is "your home away from home" and we are not only setting a high focus towards quality and cleanliness but also towards a welcoming and friendly guestservice. Thank you, that you have apreciated our service! We hope, that we will be able to welcome you back very soon and wish you in the meantime all the best and a happy summertime!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Not too expensive for a place like Zurich. Very comfortable & clean. Great breakfast. Fast checking. Nice design for the bedrooms. Very good restaurant. I come here for all my business trip. Fast connection by tram to central Zurich

1 Thank Bruno d
Dear guest
Thank you very much for your very good review on this plattform, We are happy to hear, that you have liked our breakfast buffet, the restaurant and the efficiency of your reception staff. Everyday, we try our best to reach our high goals towards quality and hospitality and we are very happy to hear that you have had a pleasant stay. We would be glad, to welcome you back soon and wish you in the meantime a wonderful summer.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed two nights last weekend. Excellent hotel. Dream location just 4/5 tram stops to the station and Bahnhofstrasse and the tram stop is just outside the hotel. Helpful staff. Elegant rooms. Nice restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Suku M
Dear guest
Thank you very much for your comment on this plattform. We highly appreciate feedbacks from our guests. They help us to check and improve our service. Thank you, that you have dedicated the time to inform us about your stay. We are very happy to hear, that you have had a pleasant stay and thank you for your excellent feedback. We hope, that we will be able to welcome you back soon and wish you in the meantime all the best.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Very friedly staff, good restaurant, very good breakfast. Some rooms are smaller, but always well equipped and air-conditioned. Minibar prizes are really cheap compared to Zurich price level. Rooms are very clean.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms to the backyard, noisy tram on Schaffhauser Str.
1 Thank giga0069
differente, Manager at Hotel Krone Unterstrass, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear guest
Thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor and the time you have dedicated to inform us about your opinion. Feedbacks are very important to us. They help us to check on our service and quality and to improve our standards. We are very happy to hear, that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. We hope, that we will be able to welcome you back soon and wish you in the meanwhile all the best and a happy summer time!